SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is a local non-government organization affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide child care organization that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities. Established 60 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages International the umbrella organization, currently has Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally, it runs the SOS Children’s Village Programme which has two main arms, i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and implements its programs in the following locations Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Iringa.
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant Positions below:
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Job Title: Procurement and Logistics Officer
Reporting to: Financial Controller
- Developing an organization’s purchasing strategy
- Identifying potential suppliers, visiting existing suppliers, building and maintaining good relationships with them.
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases
- Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
- Maintain and update a list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development
- Giving presentations about market analysis and possible growth;
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options and make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs, ordering more materials when necessary.
- Track status of requisitions, contracts and orders and respond to customer and supplier inquiries about status, changes or cancellations.
- Prepare, maintain and review purchasing files, reports and price list.
- Calculate costs of orders and charges or forward invoices to appropriate accounts
- Monitor contract performance, recommending contract modifications when necessary.
- Able to uphold and respect procurement ethics and to conduct activities with integrity
- Monitor in house inventory movement and complete inventory transfer forms for bookkeeping purposes.
- Keep sound and adequate logistics records in connection with the bar codes.
- Ensure service and repairs of office equipment
- Keep accurate in terms of data and record management and insist good negotiation skills to fetch the best charges for the organization.
- Develop and execute tools and methodologies to enable effective implementation of logistic plans.
- Design and develop standard operating methods to manage logistics operations efficiently
- Coordinate logistics activities related to procurement, funding, substantive units and humanitarian affairs.
- Develop and execute logistics support policy, processes and methodologies to the general benefit of all mission units.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Office supplies, Material Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
- 3 to 4 years of progressively responsible experience in procurement and logistics.
- Knowledge on Logistics and Transport Management
- Be able to use effectively computerized integrated financial Management System
- Knowledge of organizational procurement procedures is highly desirable
- Supply Chain Management skills
- Analytical Skills
- Decision-making and Negotiating Skills
Duty station: Arusha (1 post)
Reporting to: National Program Director
- Coordination of the program through collaborative relationships with other stakeholders in the program location;
- Monitoring and strategic management of the program through the establishment and use of the monitoring and evaluation system, the analysis of results achieved and facilitation of evaluation;
- Design new programs in alternative care and family strengthening;
- To ensure that children in our program areas receive quality care and their rights are promoted and safeguarded;
- Ensure child protection and child safeguarding mechanisms in SOS program locations are in place and functioning;
- Ensure administrative and financial management of the program that is to say, the proper use and allocation of resources for project implementation;
- Establish priorities in the development and implementation of program initiatives and ensure that appropriate support facilities and associated policies and procedures are established and functional to meet the need of children lost their parental care or are at risk of losing that care.
- Coaching and guiding staff on child protection, survival and development in the respective program and working with Local government authorities especially, social welfare/comm unity development officers at National level.
- Ensure effective performance management systems are implemented for all programme staff, including job descriptions, regular review sessions, and annual performance appraisal, in line with the required practices of the national association for the intention of building a string team.
- Participate in all strategic reflections;
- Contribute to the elaboration of strategies and intervention policies of SOS Children’s Village Tanzania;
- Participate and contribute to the formulation of programs and projects and their submission to donors by ensuring the active involvement of identified operational partners.
- Representing SOS Children’s Village Tanzania at program level and maintain all contacts with all partners – actual or potential – as well as stakeholders and beneficiaries
- Masters degree in one or combination of the following disciplines: Organizational Development, Child Development, Children and Youth Care programming, Sociology and Development studies.
- Working experiences not less than 7 years which should include: at least 4 – 5 years working at managerial levels within reputable NGOs working in Tanzania;
- Strong background on programming and projects management
- Robust experience in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Strong background in proposal development and donor negotiation skills with good track record of awarded proposals.
- Strong, leadership and interpersonal skills and group dynamics management skills
- Strong background in livelihoods and economic empowerment for most vulnerable groups;
- Ability to forge and manage partnership with Government and Civil Society Organizations;
- Ability to champion fundraising initiatives with experience in effective engagement of corporates;
- The candidate should possess the emotional stability to lead and guide the large community of children and staff, maintaining the required high standards.
- Ability to work under pressure and short deadlines
Job Title: Personal Assistant to the National Director
Duty station: National Office (1 post)
Reporting to: National Director
- Serves as the National Director’s administrative liaison to the Board of Trustees and manages Board activities, which include coordinating semi-annual board meetings and dinners, semi-annual board staff lunches/receptions/new board member orientations, arranging hotel accommodations for board members, processing travel reimbursement requests, compiling, assembling and distributing board meeting materials.
- Work closely with the National Director and SOS Tanzania Board through regular correspondence, arrange meetings and prepare briefing materials for the National Director
- Preparation, finalization and circulation of all board papers, notice and agenda item for each of the meetings including resolutions to be passed.
- Provision of administrative support in the delivery of assignments and initiatives on behalf of the National Director’s office as and when required by the Board.
- Coordinates board committees (Finance, Programs, HR, Fundraising and Audit Committee meetings, maintain confidential files and contact information, coordinates meetings, conferences and committees to support the National Director’s agenda.
- Ensure all board correspondence and relevant materials are produced in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordination of departmental reports and documentation for the Board of Trustees meetings and other meetings with outside partners.
- To follow up on action points/recommendations from board meetings on behalf of the National Director for effective implementation. Assist with preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual Board of Trustees meetings.
- Support the National Director to prepare and distribute Board papers and ensure all Board papers are filed and kept up to date.
- To coordinate, attend and take minutes for National director’s meetings, board meetings and any other relevant meetings as per National Director’s preference.
- Communicates directly and on behalf of the National Director with Board members, donors, stakeholders and others on matters related to programmatic initiatives as directed.
- Draft reports, letters of solicitation, proposals, prepares and coordinates oral and written communication with donors and board of trustees on behalf of the National Director.
- Maintain a daily file, create and maintain a ‘bring up’ system for National Director’s office.
- Manage the National Director’s diary, including booking appointments and meetings.
- Maintain the National Director’s calendar/diary. This includes making appointments and responding to general inquiries. Manage messages on behalf of the National Director.
- Collating all correspondence from the other Departments to be presented to the National Director and later re-distributing the said correspondence and/or new assignments to the relevant Departments in a timely fashion.
- Perform full secretarial support including typing, reviewing letters, memos, reports and any other correspondence for the National Director’s clearance
- At all times ensures that personal data of donors, sponsors, SOS beneficiaries and their families as well as SOS co-workers is handled confidentially and in accordance with prevailing SOS data protection laws
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization skills and keen eye for details
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with Social Sciences / Secretarial and Office Management background and an interest in national and global issues.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect an ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail.
- 3-5 years substantive experience in relevant positions
Job Title: ICT Coordinator
Duty station: National Office (1 post)
Reporting to: National Director
- Monitors and manages ICT systems and networks in defined locations.
- Provides helpdesk service to users in defined locations in the region
- Documents ICT configurations and changes in defined locations in the region
- Supervises, organizes, and monitors SLA’s where necessary.
- Monitors and ensures availability of ICT services; internet connection, email etc.
- Ensures compliance with SOS CV International ICT standards
- Enforces and adheres to defined local ICT policies on email, network and internet usage.
- Promote, organize, and supervise the implementation of the continental and international ICT strategies, standards, goals, and guidelines in Tanzania NA
- Give input to planning sessions with national management, taking part in setting ICT targets, directions and developing main activities.
- Takes part in joint planning sessions with National Director. Gearing all strategic targets, resources allocation, budgets, and GSC support are discussed and agreed.
- Define ICT goals for Tanzania, standards and guidelines in organizing and supervising its implementation.
- Give guidance and support to the National Association (NA) in taking actions and development towards reaching the set targets for ICT.
- Provides expertise, consultancy, and controlling to the National Director & Regional ICT Advisor regarding ICT in line with “Vision, Mission, Values”, and approved strategies, budgets and plans of the organization.
- Guide and support ICT budgeting processes, with regards to ICT budgeting, planning, and monitoring.
- Develop and implement the annual ICT plan.
- Follow up of progress of NA towards agreed targets in ICT. In case of deviations suggest and agree with ND on counter-measures for confirmation by the RICTA
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of policies; ensure that tools and systems are in place and correspond to the current SOS- KDI official policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Organize and monitor technical support for national and projects ICT needs (on request)
- NICT Coordinator gives in-put to the further development of Job Descriptions, Job Profiles and Orientation Programme reference papers (ICT items only); takes active part in the recruitment and selection of national ICT key co-workers and representatives and builds up their capacity.
- Drive and facilitate knowledge sharing processes on ICT topics between Projects and NAs. To assure collection of best practices in ICT and facilitate sharing and implementation on regional and national level.
- Participate in cross-continental knowledge sharing on ICT topics.
- The NICT will be responsible for developing, leading and supporting the network of national co-workers within the ICT function, supporting knowledge sharing, steering national developments and ensuring capacity building in the ICT field
- The NICT will be responsible in updating and including all matters pertaining the NA website.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or related field is required.
- 5-year working experience on technical support of local and remote users.An NGO experience is an added value.
- Ability to do simple repairs of ICT equipment.
- Relevant experience in IT project management.
- Experience supporting LAN, databases, email, and telecommunications systems.
- Experience of Microsoft Server and virtual servers administration.
- Experience in managing and implementing information systems and supporting technologies.
- Creativity, self-drive &resilience.
- Training and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Written and verbal technical fluency in English.
- Able to prioritise work effectively for execution with limited resources.
To apply for this position, send your application letter by email describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies make you the right candidate for this position. Enclose ONLY detailed and updated CV with telephone contacts, email address and details of at least 3 referees. Only contacted candidates for the interview will submit copies of academic, professional certificates and passport size photo.
Closing date is 24th February 2020.
To apply please send to;
The National Director SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania Dar es Salaam, Tanzania email@example.com
Please Note: SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and committed to keeping children safe from abuse and harm, therefore candidates applying for this post will be subject to child safeguarding recruitment procedures and checks.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.