Job Reporting To: Executive Liaison Subsidiaries Projects
To ensure DRC projects are delivered within specified timelines, budget, scope and acceptance criteria
Initiating & Planning
- Define project scope, objectives, approach, controls, acceptance criteria and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with Executive Liaison through organization of project definition workshops and subsequent production of the project initiation document.
- Develop project plans with a comprehensive list of all envisaged activities, milestones, deliverables and their corresponding ownership.
- Facilitate definition and approval of business requirements
- Facilitate development and approval of business cases
- Estimate resources, budget and participants required to achieve project goals and motivate for their allocation
- Divide the project into logical work streams and assign ownership to relevant departments
- Negotiate with senior and executive management for allocation of relevant resources from their respective departments
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
- Establish relevant project governance and communication structures for all designated projects
- Serve diligently as chairperson of the project working committee and secretary of the project steering committee for all designated projects
- Direct and motivate the project team
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Liaise with project stakeholders on ongoing basis.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise respective project team members and vendors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
Controlling and Execution
- Manage project risks, issues, dependencies and assumptions by ensuring proper recording, assignment of ownership and timely escalation to appropriate level of management where necessary.
- Communicate progress to relevant stakeholders in clear and timely manner.
- Monitor progress against project plan and institute corrective measures in the event of any deviations.
- Manage changes to project scope, budget, timelines, and acceptance criteria in line with the agreed process.
- Facilitate development of the testing strategy and plan
- Facilitate development of test cases and scenarios
- Assemble and facilitate training of the testing team
- Liaise with other stakeholders to get test managers and supervise their work throughout the acceptance testing stage
- Organize for availability of relevant testing resources e.g. testing environment, facilities etc.
- Responsible for planning and management of all logistics associated with the acceptance testing phase
- Oversee the execution of system integration and user acceptance testing
- Obtain sign offs for testing results
- Facilitate a project closure workshop and ensure lessons learned are identified and used to improve future practices
- Develop and agree with relevant stakeholders on an appropriate project benefits management framework and subsequently oversee a smooth handover of the framework to the designated benefits manager
- Ensure an effective maintenance and support model is established and handed over to those responsible for its operation
- Produce the project closure report and secure its approval from relevant executives
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Requirements.
- Holder of a University Degree in Business Administration, Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems (MIS) or related field.
- Certification in one of the recognized project management methodologies e.g. PRINCE, PRINCE2, PMBOK, PMP etc.
- Strong background and certification in agile project management
- Sound Project Management background and practical application in a busy large corporate setting with at least 4 years’ experience.
- Advanced knowledge of basic core banking system features or 4 years’ experience in management of ICT banking projects
- Advanced understanding of banking operations and information systems
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- General understanding of banking operations and information systems
- Intermediate understanding of basic core banking system features and ICT banking sytems.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Customer service skills an asset.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
Deadline 16th February 2024.
Job Reporting To: Manager Network Operating Centre
To monitor large computer networks and servers for problems from a central location or remotely to ensure that services run efficiently without interruption, identify potential service issues proactively and ensure timely service restoration from service incidents when service issues occur.
- Proactive and reactive monitoring of technology systems including Servers, Network Infrastructure, Applications, Databases, ATMs, POS as well Data Center environment using the available monitoring tools.
- Support multiple technical teams in 24 x 7 environment operational environments with high uptime requirements. Varied shift schedules may include day or evening/odd hours.
- Working with flexibility in different shifts for the NOC operations and performance in an efficient and effective manner to ensure maximum possible service availability, performance and capacity.
- Recognize, identify and prioritize incidents in accordance with customer business requirements, organizational policies and operational impact.
- Provide timely response to all incidents, outages and performance alerts. Categorize issues for escalation to appropriate technical teams and between ICT Department and stakeholders (internal and external) with respect to service performance and availability. This include Branches, ATMs, Business units, Aggregators, MNOs, third-parties, who are linked to the Bank’s payment systems among others
- First line troubleshooting of incidents arising from monitoring, by recording incidents and correlate them with the events, apply appropriate workarounds, communicate and coordinate resolution with other support levels including third party partners and vendors.
- Work with internal and external technical and service teams to create and/or update knowledge base articles
- Collect and review performance reports for various systems, and report trends in hardware and application performance to assist senior technical personnel to predict future issues or outages
- Escalating complicated issues to management, other IT resources, third parties and/or vendors, as appropriate.
- Tracking and documenting all defects and resolutions in detail through a designated ticketing system.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Requirements.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Systems Technology or related academic field from an accredited institution
- ICT Service Management certifications.
- Minimum of 1 year of Network Operation Center Management in a Banking or Telecom environment.
- Broad experience using a variety of monitoring and ticket management tools
- Basic Knowledge in core banking applications
- Basic Knowledge of Banking/ Branch Operations
- Knowledge of enterprise service monitoring platforms including but not limited to SolarWinds, Dynatrace, APM Microfocus
- Experience with all aspects of networking including IP, TCP, VPNs, Routers, Switches, and Firewalls.
Deadline: 18th February 2024