Vijiji Tanzania is a fully registered sister organization of Vijiji International that aims to deploy a unique model to solve the gap in rural primary healthcare delivery through Community Health Promotion systems specifically in the rural areas of all 26 Administrative regions of Tanzania.
Vijiji Tanzania holds a rich report with striking findings that illustrate that access to quality care is much more complex than distance to services. Transparency, quality, and community engagement are also critical factors to the future of rural healthcare. One of the report’s key messages is the importance of recognizing each community’s individuality in the aggregates of Villages (Vijiji).
This means the critical decisions needed to move forward and optimize rural healthcare delivery primarily lie in the following areas: community awareness, community engagement, community/management interface, redefining access, leadership, and finances in small units or aggregates of Villages (Vijiji).
Vijiji Tanzania intends to recruit a project administrator who will coordinate project activities, manages schedules, and ensures project deliverables are completed on time and within budget. In Vijiji Tanzania projects, the successful the project administrator will break projects into tasks, create workflows, and provide documentation to internal teams and stakeholders.
A project administrator in Vijiji Tanzania will be responsible for scheduling meetings, recording decisions, and breaking projects into manageable tasks. Successful candidate will create and update workflows, analyze risks, and prepare documentation. They also monitor project progress, address issues, and coordinate quality controls. Additionally, they act as the point of contact for all project participants and track project performance.
Administrative Support and Office Management
- Ensure all Contracts, Leases and other official documents are in safe custody and updated/renewed as required.
- Coordinate and act as the main contact person with the Travel agency in the booking of hotels, meeting venues, accommodation etc. for staff whenever required.
- Scheduling regular meetings and recording decisions in the annual and routine meetings (e.g. assigned tasks and next steps)
- Breaking projects into financial tasks and reminding project officers on the reporting timeframes
- Updating the project officers workflows and requirements for procurement policies
- Ensure the office is well maintained and office supplies, stationery, vehicle requirements are available at all times and replenished accordingly.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 5 years of progressive Administration experience
- Experience in a project management or organization preferred.
- Minimum qualification: bachelor’s degree on Business Administration or related discipline from an accredited institution
- A Master degree in Business Administration will be an added advantage
- Strong command of MS Office
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Key Qualities and Characteristics:
- A strong sense of ethics, honesty, and integrity
- Enthusiasm and “can do” attitude, solution-oriented, and self-driven with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent attention to detail o Ability to work in teams and bring together diverse groups of stakeholders
Interested candidates should submit a Resume, Cover Letter, and at least three professional references with email title of “Admin Officer, Vijiji Tanzania” to email@example.com. The closing deadline for applications is 11th January 2024.