IT & Data Analytics Expert at RSM
RSM (Eastern Africa) Consulting Ltd (RSMEA) is a member firm of the RSM network, a world leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services to entrepreneurial growth- focused organisations globally. The network has a combined staff of over 57,000 with 830 offices across 120 countries and in each of the top 40 major business centres.
RSMEA was founded in 2004 and has developed a powerful network of offices across East Africa. The factor that links RSM member firms is its Purpose – THE POWER OF BEING UNDERSTOOD which is rooted in RSM’s unwavering focus on our principles of collaboration, understanding and providing relevant insights and solutions by: gaining a deep understanding of what matters to our clients; building a long-term relationship through a client-centric focus; sharing insights of our local and global experts; and design-thinking and co-creating solutions. This client-centric approach ensures that we acquire a deep understanding of our client needs, that empowers businesses to move forward and realise their full potential.
JOB TITLE: IT & Data Analytics Expert
RSM in East Africa specialises in Audit & Assurance, Transaction Advisory, Tax Services, Management Consulting, Risk Advisory, and Outsourcing. RSMEA clients range from growth-focused entrepreneurial businesses through to leading multi-national organisations across many sectors and operating nationally and across borders.
We are looking for a talented IT & Data Analytics Expert who will support in delivering IT audit and advisory-related services to client engagements in accordance with RSM’s methodology and the implementation of Alteryx to enhance our data analytics and reporting capabilities. The member will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including audit and consulting professionals, to streamline processes and leverage Alteryx for data transformation, analysis, and visualization.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT, Business Information
Systems, Business Intelligence & Data Analytics (or related
technical/business field) from a recognized university
• Alteryx Designer and Server certification
• CISA/CISM/CRISC/CISSP or a related information system audit or data analytics certification is an added advantage)
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Demonstrated ability as a fast learner, embracing new challenges with enthusiasm
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated integrity, reliability and commitment to completing tasks within agreed timelines
• Fluency in English with excellent research and report-writing skills
• Self-motivated individual with a proactive approach to tasks
• Core competence in IT, encompassing ITGC testing, proficiency in data analytics and utilization of visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI)
• Strong understanding and possesses experience in conducting IT Audit, data analytics, data extraction, data transformation, and scripting
• Proficiency in data analysis/mining and scripting languages including Python, R, and SQL
• Extensive knowledge and experience in the use of data analysis tools such as
Alteryx, IDEA or ACL
• Experience in visual communication of analysis (e.g., Qlik Sense, QlikView, Power BI, or Tableau).
• Knowledge of Continuous Auditing and Monitoring and Governance Risk and
Compliance (GRC) tools implementation and/or use
• Experience in process-oriented financial and commercial audits is an added advantage.
• Design and develop Alteryx workflows for efficient data
integration, cleaning, and transformation to improve the effectiveness
of the business processes
• Collaborate with stakeholders to comprehend business requirements and translate them into effective Alteryx workflows.
• Implement best practices for data governance and quality assurance
• Identify opportunities for automation using Alteryx to streamline audit and consulting processes
• Collaborate closely with the teams and provide training to staff on enhancing efficiency through automation
• Stay updated on the latest Alteryx features and updates to optimize implementation
• Foster collaboration with audit and consulting teams to understand their specific needs
• Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Review and assess documentation related to ITGC, including policies, procedures, and control documentation
• Assist in identifying and assessing IT risks impacting financial reporting
• Leverage a risk-based approach to plan and deliver IT Audits
• Execute testing procedures related to access controls, change management, system development, and other relevant IT processes
• Provide insights and recommendations for enhancing ITGC processes and controls
• Stay informed about changes in relevant regulations and standards impacting ITGC, ensuring compliance
• Keep abreast with the latest technology trends and provide input to mitigate
• Cultivate working relationships with clients
• Design workflows that are not only efficient and scalable but also meet precise business requirements
VIEW OUR VALUES HERE
RSM is committed to the professional growth and development of its employees,
fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment. Join us in driving innovation and excellence in the audit and consulting industry.
If you meet the criteria for this role, and are inspired to build
strong, collaborative and lasting relationships with our stakeholders,
and if you are passionate about
delivering client benefits through tailored thinking and a deep understanding of
our clients’ needs; fill out your application HERE.
The deadline for applications is Monday, 15th January 2024. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.