ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Materials Engineer 1
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified Time Contract
Department: Finance & Supply Chain
Reporting to: Senior Supervisor – Materials Engineering
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Providing quality assurance services to the Supply Chain Department by way of ensuring goods being purchased are pro-actively well described (cataloguing) and assigned the right specs to guarantee that goods are delivered accordingly; attending to technical queries and quality complaints ; coordinating offsite repairs dispatch, quote evaluation, repair progress tracking and return of offsite repairs; coordinating reman components (remanufactured/refurbished) cores return and refund thereof; regular (monthly) stock count of strategic spares and reporting thereof; conducting regular (quarterly) stock movement /usage review and recommending stock status review accordingly; attending to safety and environmental matters.
- Degree or Diploma in Mechanical, electrical, Instrumentations or automobile Engineering.
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Minimum of 3 years’ practical work experience, preferably in the mining industry
- Experience with the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System, preferably SAP system.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Attending to environmental, health and safety related discussions/meetings.
- Participation in environmental, health and safety related supervision, inspection, audit and reporting.
- Identify all items which have become redundant/ potential obsolete as a result of parent equipment having been retired, inactive or disposed of and confirm with owners as regards required change (from current status to obsolete) in stock status.
- Review Stock with NO movement in the last 24 months.
- Prepare an ANSI to amend stock status as recommended and accepted by end users.
- Update the Quarterly Stock Review Register/database with the entire list of items reviewed in the given quarter.
- Maintain a server/network based and system linked ANSI register to include information as regards ANSI Ref, Date Received, Originator, item code, date actioned, actioned by, action type (addition/amendment/deletion), remarks, etc.
- Check to see if all mandatory fields are correctly filled in electronic ANSI form.
- Ensure all received ANSI forms are correctly registered into the local ANSI register and in Infinity system.
- In case of new item, run duplicate check (from Infinity and or SAP) to see whether same or similar item already exists, if does exist, mark the item (on the form as well as on the register) as duplicate of a given stock code.
- Keep local and server backup copies of the ANSI register on daily basis.
- Review and cause amendments on similar items in order to rationalize/remove duplicate stock and or part numbers thereof.
- Establish and review list of catalogued items (OEM) whose part number field and update accordingly
- Update/review Strategic Spares register and ensure that all Strategic spares are captured and updated.
- Routinely (monthly) update Strategic Spares physical count and share reports thereof to end users
- Liaise with end users to establish whether consumed strategic / rotable should be replenished or not
- Oversee strategic spares maintenance as per schedule.
- On monthly basis, conduct at least one selective/random quality inspection on identified high potential items, this shall include items with shelf life, types/families with high non-conformance rate, items with higher consumption, fast moving items, etc.
- Attend to technical queries by resolving them within three working days from date reported.
- Register all reported quality complaints within three days as they are received/noted.
- Identify new repairable items and update Repairable Components list.
- Review quotes/strip-inspection report as and when received and advise originators as to whether is worth repairing or not. Target 60% of replacement price.
- Validate replacement price as given by vendor if reflects market price and not inflated, reference to made from the catalogue average price/contract price, OEM or any other reputable third party.
- Monitor vendor performance such that repair turnaround time (from purchase order amendment date) is within 6 months for local repairs and within 10 months for international repairs.
- Identify/chase for core return and update the register with core returns from workshops to Mantrac and capture/reconcile credit notes receipts thereof.
- Monitor buyer/ receiving compliance to reman requirements as regards return purchase order management in SAP system.
- Identify all cores not returned from workshops and advise all stakeholders accordingly. target 80% of all purchased core.
- Identify all cores sent to Mantrac and not yet credited and seek confirmation/credit notes from Mantrac. -Target 80% of all returned core.
- Keep backup copies of the reman core return and credit claim register on daily basis.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication abilities.
- Experience in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is required.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking APPLY NOW button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names, and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Materials Engineer 1.’’
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 26th January 2024 at 5:30 Pm.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.