ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Position: Coordinator 1 – UG Mining Training
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified Time Contract
Department: Human Resources
Reporting to: Underground Mining – Training Specialist.
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The role aims to train and develop employees to become proficient Operators of underground drilling equipment’s and provide on-the-job training and coaching to Underground Shift bosses and Shift Trainers regarding the guidance and management of equipment operators within a set of safety and training standards.
- Ordinary Secondary school education or above and Training certification -ToT.
- A recognized underground mine equipment training certificate/ experience.
- Mechanical and operational certificate.
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- A minimum of 8 years working experience as a Trainer on underground mine equipment’s.
- A multi-skilled underground mine drilling equipment operator / trainer preferred on Jumbo, Solo and Cubex.
- Considerable knowledge of underground mining practices and efficient operations of underground equipment.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Comply with all HSE&T policies, procedures, and instructions. This includes the correct use of safety devices and protective equipment, prompt reporting of any hazardous situations which cannot be corrected by an individual himself, making the necessary changes to eliminate or control the hazard and reporting immediately any accident or injury which arises in the course of work.
- Take reasonable care for your own safety and that of other persons who may be affected by your acts.
- Ensure that all tools are serviceable and safe to use.
- To maintain Safety standards to comply with the Company safety program.
- Ensure all training facilities are safe for use all time, and well secured.
- Ensure effective transfer of skills and knowledge to Equipment Operators (National Jumbo, Long hole, and Cubex Operators) following the set development plans.
- Develop and review comprehensive training modules for a wide range of underground mine equipment to be used for training Tanzanian equipment operators to meet business standards.
- Enforce the company Training calendar along with underground Training Matrix schedule.
- Prepare bi-annual training report on the progress of the identified national successors on-the-job.
- Abide by Training Golden Roles and Ethical behavior all times and in everything you do.
- No Training changes will be done without the advice or the involvement of Underground Mining – Training Specialist
- Coordinate and administer Drilling Equipment’s Operation Training Solutions as per available training Matrix.
- Conduct three-dimensional assessment (one-on-one, gap analysis and PTOs) of operators’ knowledge and skill level.
- To help new and less experienced colleagues to become more multi skilled to develop their own careers.
- Understand how training and development fits into Talent & Succession Management.
- Assisting in developing training programs and mentoring systems to ensure the health of the underground drilling discipline.
- Accountability for the effective use of people, resources, and assets associated with GGM Operations
- Compliance with Tanzania Labour Act, AGA and GGM HR policies on training and development
- Observe costs and ensure waste management in all your activities to enhance productivity.
- Deliver the work of the UG Mining Training department within approved budget targets and specified timeframes, costs and related KPIs.
- Assist with the Development of the annual UG Mining Training budget to achieve the targeted annual, medium term and LoM business plans.
- Assisting in developing and maintain constructive relationships with Internal Stakeholders (Health, Safety and Training team) and external Stakeholders (Shift Bosses, Maintenance Engineers, Planning Engineers etc.) to establish existing and changing societal and regulatory expectations and requirements.
- Extensive experience on All or key underground heavy mining equipment operations.
- Ability to plan organise, allocate, execute and monitor / control work.
- Ability to improve / maintain operational effectiveness within process.
- Ability to follow & apply organizational procedures and legislative requirements.
- Ability to analyse, validate & verify analytical data.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by following the link below. Please click the link or type the URL address on a website browser to access the application portal.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names, and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Coordinator 1- UG Mining Training.”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 02nd January 2024 at 5:30 PM.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing speakupAGA@ethics-line.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com