Office Support Specialist Office Support Specialist (OSS) at Peace Corps
Office Support Specialist Office Support Specialist(OSS)
These are Personal Service Contract (PSC) position, to be based at Peace Corps’ office in Oyster Bay, Dar es Salaam. They are full-time, 40 hours per week positions. The schedule may vary, based on operational requirements and may include evening, holiday and weekend work. The anticipated contract will be for a base period, with up to four option periods, exercisable at the unilateral option of the Peace Corps based on satisfactory performance, continued need for the position, and availability of funds. Preference will be given to personal services candidates who are citizens of Tanzania at the time of application.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Office Support Specialist: Peace Corps Tanzania in Dar es Salaam is hiring an Office Support Specialist, with very specialized skills, who serves a key role for the Peace Corps program. S/he performs a strategic range of project management support operational, and coordination functions to facilitate the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the Country Director’s office. The qualified applicant is fully proficient in Microsoft Office and project management software. The applicant must also possess structure, attention to detail, quality focus, and flexibility. In this role you will need to work well in a diverse team environment, have superior attention to detail, and the skill to handle emerging issues and last-minute requests. The ideal candidate must have project management, organizational, time management, problem solving, and decision-making skills with a superior command of English and Kiswahili.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Project Management
- Assists with tracking Peace Corps program activities/taskers from inception to completion.
- Ensures tasks on are on schedule and the CD is aware of bottlenecks and progress.
- Assists the CD’s office with assigned projects while following organizational policies, programs, budget, and schedules to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Information Management
- Ability to use IT skills such as database management, information architecture, and workflow to organize, structure, and label content in an effective and sustainable way to help users find information and complete tasks.
- Oversees information management, including codification, content management, information processes, and taxonomies.
- Office Coordination/Management
- Coordinates the work of the Country Director’s office and Senior Management Team.
- Responsible for the overall management of the Country Director’s office.
- Manages the daily activities of the office and liaises with all stakeholders, ensuring a professional level of service and support.
Qualifications and Evaluations:
Applicants must address each qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Education Requirements:
- Professional certification: Project Management(including software know-how). Information Management know- how(if no certification).
- BA, BS, in business management and/or relevant field and experience demonstrating the ability to perform the required duties.
- English Level IV(fluent)and Swahili Level IV(fluent) in speaking/reading/writing is required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both languages required.
- Work Experience:
- Related work experience with demonstrated hands-on experience to perform the job duties.
- Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced know-how in Microsoft Office and project management software.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to plan, prioritize, and organize.
- Attention to detail with the ability to monitor and track program progress in coordination with key staff.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent multitasking skills, being able to manage multiple projects at the same time.
Note: See How to Apply instructions below.
Contract offer is contingent on availability of funds, reference checks, background check, medical examination, submission of proof of required vaccinations or other medical information.
All applicants must identify in the application whether or not they have ever served Peace Corps as a Trainee or Volunteer(including Response), or as a staff member(USDH, PSC, or FSN), and if so, to identify the position location, position type, title, and starting and ending dates.
How to Apply:
- Cover Letter-1 page
- Resume/CV clearly demonstrating the necessary skill set – 2 page maximum Office Support Specialist (OSS) applicants – send both items to the following email address: email@example.com with the subject line: PC 23-04_Office Support Specialist_Last Name_First Name.
Shortlisted applicants will be convened to sit for a written test.
NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered. Thank you for your understanding.
For Further Information:
The complete position descriptions for all three (3) positions listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by sending an email to TZ-DMO@peacecorps.gov.
The deadline for submitting the application is December 01, 2023 (17:00pm Tanzania Time)