JOB VACANCIES ANNOUNCEMENT
COCODA TANZANIA, a non-governmental organization, is registered to operate within Tanzania mainland under the registration number 00NGO/R1/00961, which enabled its operations across Tanzania Mainland, with our headquarters nestled in the vibrant Njombe region. The organization is deeply committed to creating positive changes in vulnerable communities. we have cultivated a wealth of grassroots-level experience, catering to the diverse needs of both urban and rural populations. Currently, our sphere of influence extends across the Njombe and Mtwara regions, with ambitious plans to expand our footprint nationwide.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
COCODA Tanzania invites competent and motivated applicant to apply for the following position;
Report to: Finance Manager
Overall purpose of the role:
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, the Accounting Officer assumes responsibility for delivering financial and administrative assistance to COCODA Tanzania and its partners in alignment with both COCODA Tanzania’s internal policies and donor regulations applicable within Tanzania. The role involves active participation in shaping and executing COCODA Tanzania’s strategies, translating them into operational plans and daily activities. The Accounting Officer plays a pivotal role in supporting and providing technical guidance for COCODA Tanzania’s operations, with a particular focus on overseeing donor-related activities.
Finance and accounting Day to day activities in finance department.
- Daily posting of expenses reports and cash advances in QuickBooks Support program managers with resource scheduling of staff.
- Responsible for uploading Tanzania Payroll in to QuickBooks and ensure it is reconciled with
Accruals (Tax, Workers Compensation, Skills Development Levy, Social Security and Higher Education Students Loans Board)
- Review quality of supporting documentation for low value procurement before purchasing
- Update the Finance Manager on the cash needs required to run Program Activities and organization at large.
- Monitor financial activities and keep Finance Manager informed on situations that might have negative impact on internal controls of financial performance.
- Ensure that the authorized bank signatory list and bank information forms are regularly updated, and photocopies are kept on files.
- Examine and evaluate financial information system, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity.
- Make recommendations regarding improving operations and financial position of COCODA.
- Ensure tax and all other statutory payments are made every month before deadline.
- Ensure payments of incentive workers are made on time.
- Guide and Ensure compliance with relevant statutory and other financial obligations such as tax, statutory returns, annual Financial Statements and NGO report.
- Reconcile accounts payable and accounts receivables in COCODA’s Accounting system.
- Monitor and reconcile balance accounts on Monthly basis and make sure any outstanding balance has a clear justification.
- Prepare and participate in donor verifications and annual audits.
- Follow up with staff to ensure that all staff advances are settled within the same month.
- Review and follow up on pending transactions and committed costs in QuickBooks system to ensure timely closure.
- Assist the Finance Manager in other areas as required.
- Provide technical support and advice to other finance teams.
- Ensure compliance with COCODA finance procedures and guidelines. Assist in implementation of finance policies, procedures, and systems.
Budgeting & Reporting
- Support financial report preparations of monthly, quarterly, and annually per the Donor regulation.
- Ensuring financial reports are complete, accurate produced on a timely basis to ensure adequate review, approval, and submission to the grant’s unit.
- Support the development of new proposals with financial information for budgeting.
- Review BI-reports and ensure all budget lines are charged accordingly and monitor the burn rates.
- Monthly financial briefings to relevant Manager.
- Liaise with relevant Managers on key financial issues including spending for all.
- Maintain a continuous overview of funding levels and pay particular attention to shared support costs, including staff salaries.
- Work Closely with Finance Manager to develop and Monitor Master and Grant Budgets and budget amendments.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent and CPA is an added Advantage
- 3 years of accounting and finance experience with donor-funded projects (preferably PEPFAR funded projects).
- Proficiency in accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks,) and advanced knowledge of MS Excel, word and PowerPoint. Experience with carrying out admin tasks.
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles, GAAP, and laws.
- Knowledge of local laws, codes, and regulations
- Good communication skills
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills in order to meet deadlines.
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in Swahili
Candidates are required to mention the ‘Position Title’ on the subject line of the e-mail. All applicants MUST attach cover letter and their updated Curriculum Vitae with certified copies of academic certificates as supporting documents to their applications. All applications should be submitted not later than 16:00 Pm on 28th November 2023 by email, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. (Women are highly encouraged to apply)
Warning: Please avoid deception agents, COCODA charges no cost for any job position advertised.
COCODA enhances equal opportunity to all qualified candidates.