The Benjamin William Mkapa Foundation (BMF) is a non-profit Trust, established in 2006 with the vision of healthy lives and well-being for all, in Tanzania and the rest of Africa. Its strategic mission is to contribute towards the attainment of better health outcomes through innovative health and related system solutions.
BMF has been granted an award by Henry Jackson Medical Research International. Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI Tanzania) through its U.S. Army Medical Research Acquisition Activity (USAMRAA) to support the management of non-clinical Human Resource for Health Component under the Southern Highland Zone Civilian Project (SHL) implemented in four regions of Rukwa. Katavi. Songwe and Mbeya. Through this award, a total of 119 data management staff will be deployed in 108 health facilities to support program activities in the respective regions. Therefore, this job advert seeks self-driven, dynamic, and competent qualified candidates to fill the following positions: –Recommended:
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Her
Job Title: Data Clerk Positions: 119
Reports to: Strategic Information (SI) Regional Lead
Location: Mbeya, Songwe, Rukwa and Katavi Regions
Specific Task Job Description
The Data Clerk will work at the facility level to ensure timely entry of patient files in the health management database for HTS, CTC, Pharmacy Module, and Reproductive and Child Health, within one day after reception of the file from the clinician and undertake data verification on a routine basis to ensure accuracy and consistency of the data entered, reported, and submitted.
- Enter patient information, family information, visits, laboratory results, and other findings into the CTC2 database system, HTS database, and pharmacy module.
- Ensure all the patients’ records are properly stored and monitored according to the National AIDS Control Program (NACP) guidelines on the storage of confidential client information.
- Ensure all project reports; daily, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports are of high quality and are produced and submitted on time in the introduced data reporting system.
- Provide data entry support to CHMTs into the DHIS2 including conducting data reviews and validations at the facility level.
- Collaborate with CBHS at community and health facility levels for tracking defaulters, producing a list of Missed Appointments and I IT, and updating the database accordingly when patients return to care.
- Provide all the necessary support and assistance on data requests at the facility to the program and Council Staff.
- Conduct daily, weekly, and monthly tracking of all HIV-positive clients from all testing points at facility level ensuring proper documentation of these clients for easy tracking
- Actively participate in all Ql-related activities and ensure the provision of accurate data on monitored indicators by the Ql team within respective assigned facilities
- Conduct routine analysis of data and display of a key set of HIV/AIDS indicator progress on a monthly/quarterly basis and share findings with the Facility/CTC staff for use and for decision making.
- Work closely with other staff members at CTC and Reproductive and Child Health to provide good services to clients attending the clinic.
- Prepare a list of patients who are eligible for HVL on a weekly basis from the CTC2 database and share it with the CTC in charge to ensure all HVL samples collected, and results received are documented and entered into CTC2 cards and CTC2 database on a timely manner.
- Ensure that all TPT records (start and completion) are documented into CTC2 cards and database in a timely manner
- Ensure continuous backup of the CTC2 database files after every visit (daily, weekly, or monthly basis).
- Conduct routine data checks on client information entered CTC2 database on a daily/weekly basts). Conduct day-to-day synchronization of client’s appointment dates through the SMS reminder system.
- Provide weekly tracking SMS Reminder report to M&E Officer and update client’s phone numbers in CTC2 database.
- Ensure all Donor reporting requests are prepared and submit a request by the M&E team or Data Managers in your region
- Ensure the updated version of CTC2 database is running as per NACP requirements and ensure weekly and weekly export of data to NACP (Macro3) and monthly Portal is done as required including CQI indicators
- As part of capacity building to clinicians filling out CTC2 cards to be recommended for the next training, the data clerk will be required to keep records of the clinicians who have not filled out CTC2 cards properly Return cards for correction and keep a record of the clinician and frequency of files returned.
Experience, Qualifications, and Knowledge
- Diploma in Health records and information management. Records and Archive Management, Records Management. Information technology and data management. Health Informatics, Statistics, and biostatistics.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience working as a data entry officer in the HIV/AIDS program settings
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, multi-tasking, and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate fluently in both English and Kiswahili
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask Job
For all interested candidates, you can access the application through the Data Clerk Position – Job Application Form link. The deadline for application is on 21st November 2023. BMF does not accept applications from any other form/channel, nor does it collect any cash payments or in-kind donations in exchange for an employment position.
BMF is an equal-opportunity employer, and we value diversity. BMF is committed to the principles of safeguarding in the workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible. In the event of any abuse, you may report it by submitting you are complaint via http://whistleblow.mkapafoundation.or.tz/.