Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.Recommended:
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Nurse at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) August, 2023
JOB VACANCY – NURSE AID
Title: NURSE AID
Direct Reports: Nurse Team Supervisor
Location: Nduta Camp (Kibondo, Kigoma Region)
Minimum Educational Qualification:
• Certificate in Nursing and Midwifery.
• Desired: Experience as nurse aid, or similar
• Must be Registered by Tanzania Nursing and Midwifery Council (TNMC) with Valid License to Practice
• Essential: Swahili. Kirundi, French and English are a plus.
Objectives of the position:
• Assisting in the nursing activities with hospitalised patients, according to nurses and doctors’ prescription, universal hygiene standards and MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the delivery of quality medical care for patients.
• Assisting the nurse in organizing and providing care and treatments to patients, respecting at all times, the rules of hygiene, safety, comfort, dignity, medical secret and patient confidentiality. Giving response to nurse’s requirements in case of an emergency
• Participating in the surveillance and monitoring of the patient and reporting to the nurse any relevant information. Compensating patients’ possible lack of autonomy by assisting and helping them in feeding, personal hygiene, movements and general comfort
• Participating in the monitoring of nursing activities (correctly fill in patient files, etc.) and ensuring a relevant transfer of information between duty teams. Reporting any problem arising in the care unit, especially the loss, robbery or damage of equipment or medicines.
• Ensuring cleanliness of his/her working environment (including facilities, material, linen, equipment, and carrying out the sorting and disposal of waste)
• Working together with the nurses, cleaners and caretakers.
• Participating actively in the hospital platform (meetings, committee,.), trainings and in the basic health education sessions
• Participating in any other related activities as requested by the line manager
• Performing minor maintenance and cleaning of the biomedical equipment following user manual and protocols. Alerting the supervisor in case of malfunctioning of any device.
• The OPD and Triage nurse Aid must triage all patients in accordance with IITT and implement emergency treatment measures as per MSF protocols.
• In quality care aspect, dating venous caterers, nasogastric tubes and the open infusions bag.
• Ensure vital signs are taken at the respected times and at times of deterioration and report and act any abnormalities
• Register as soon as possible the consumption of drugs in the tally sheet. And report rupture or deterioration on materials.
• Respect Infection Control and Prevention procedures
• Patients who receive feedings via NGT are given and monitored well
• Others task related to patients’ management despite the department
• Maintain a calm, helpful demeanour and respect interactions with staff, patients and patients’ families
• Work in a professional manner within a collaborative multidisciplinary team environment
• Integrity and calmness
• High commitment to MSF Principles
JOB VACANCY – MIDWIFE SUPERVISOR (EXTERNAL RECRUITMENT)
Midwife Supervisor at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) September, 2023
Title: MIDWIFE SUPERVISOR
Direct Reports: Midwife Activity Manager.
Location: Nduta Camp Kibondo.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
· Bachelor degree in Midwifery or Diploma of Midwife
· Must be Registered by Tanzania Nursing and Midwifery Council (TNMC) with Valid License to Practice.
Essential 2 years of previous experience in related jobs Minimum 2year experience as Midwife
· Essential mission language: English and Swahili (Kirundi and/or French will be a plus.)
Objectives of the position:
Supervising the clinical activities and guaranteeing the quality of midwifery care in the department, ac-cording to MSF protocols ,values and universal hygiene standards in order to provide a high quality Mother and Child Health (MCH) care to the population
• Supervising, supporting, and evaluating the team under his/her responsibility particularly midwives, midwife assis-tants/nurse aids and other related staff in his/her team such as cleaners. Planning and organizing their work (areas, days, absences, visits, holidays, etc) identification of training needs, provide trainings and coaching them in their work with special focus in following all appropriate protocols and procedures.
• Carry out the functions and tasks associated to midwifery i.e., perform as a midwife whenever required or needed, in order to optimize the resources, contributing with his/her knowledge and experience
• Ensuring teamwork and a professional relationship between maternity and other departments.
• Supervising the clinical activities in all the maternity departments and activities such as ante-natal consultations, delivery and after delivery follow up, post-natal consultations, family planning consultations, new-born vaccinations and liaising with other staff members (Medical Doctors, Psychologist/Mental Health, Health promotion Team) about the patients who need special care times, visiting hours, etc.
• Ensuring that the staff on duty knows, implements, and always follows the universal hygiene standards/ precau-tions, bio-hazard prevention and infection prevention and control in the medical premises ensuring high standards of hygiene and general quality of care in the working environment.
• Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained, cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols, reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service as well as maintenance of the medical equipment.
• Being responsible for the department-related pharmacy activities (stock inventories, ordering, follow-up the expired drugs, storage conditions and consumption monitoring) to satisfy the needs of material with efficiency and effectiveness of the activities in the department.
• Being responsible for ensuring that all the administrative procedures, patients’ data and documents are filled in correctly and registered for compiling monthly reports reflecting the activity in the department.
• Being responsible for ensuring that the maternity staff can identify, receive, and provide care to the victims of the SGBV in collaboration with the Midwife Activity Manager, SGBV focal person and following the protocols.
• Being responsible for following up of the referals cases in Kibondo in collaboration with Kibondo focal person, keep a good relationship with the team in Kibondo and be sure that the team of Nduta doing well the hand over
Professional and Competencies:
• Knowledgeable in Tropical diseases / Desirable computer literacy
• Stress management
All interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Friday, 14th of September 2023 at 4:00 pm. Please quote the job title you are applied for on the email subject, example: “NURSE AID”.
Please send your application to the email address MSFCH-Tanzania-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org. The applications can also be sent to P.O.Box 83, Kibondo or submitted at MSF offices situated at Warioba RD, Mikocheni B, Plot 100, Daima Street House no 16 or To MSF Project Admin in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District.
• Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
• People living with disability and minorities are highly encouraged to apply.
protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting
your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the
recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary
to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and
selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated
confidentially. Only people part of the recruitment process have access
to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances.
If you have any questions or requests, you can contact MSFCH-Tanzania-HrManager@geneva.msf.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted