Assistant Boilermaker at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Assistant Boilermaker to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his/her team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Engineering department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Reporting to: Fabrication Workshop Supervisor
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e., attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health, and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures, and guideline
- Take reasonable care to ensure own safety and health whilst at work and that of others.
- Assist with general workshop operations.
- Assist with the maintenance and servicing of HME equipment.
- Assist the Boilermakers and machinist during working
- Using power tools, angle grinder, hand drill, etc
- Using of hand tools to perform the tasks
- Perform other duties as directed that fall within the scope of the position.
- Ensuring that the selection of materials for repairs, replacements and inspection comply with the required standards.
- Correct selection of hand power tools hand, welding equipment, thermal cutting equipment and thermal heating equipment and safety equipment for safe use.
- Understanding of engineering and structural drawings, interpreting sketches and drawings application of measuring equipment, marking, welding terms, codes and symbols and cutting tools
- Using oxy acetylene welding & cutting, thermal gouging and thermal heating.
- Interpretation of materials safety data sheets (MSDS)
- Planning of the logical sequence of welding operations
- Complete assigned work in a timely manner with minimum supervision and to an internationally acceptable standard.
- Ordinary level certificate – Form IV
- Welding and Fabrication certificate – (FTC, IMTT & VETA) will be added advantage
- Valid driving license
- At least 3 to 6 Months experience in similar role
- Welding process experience
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English, both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health &Safety Act awareness
- Ability to use power and hand tools
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Geological Database Assistant to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align with the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note must have experience in the exploration and gold mining industry. Worked in various projects ranging from Exploration to Mining, in the country and abroad. Gained practical experience in database migrations and database validation as database management. Good knowledge and experience in SML and PL management. In accordance with BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Geological Database Administrator
- Database management: with the example, the required candidate for this position is required to assist the Database Administrators to administer the day-to-day administration of the database.
- DataShed DB and QAQCR: As Geological Database Assistant it is required of you to demonstrate the knowledge and understanding of DataShed database and QAQCR applications. Candidates with previous experience using DataShed database and QAQCR at all levels will be highly considered for this position.
- Data validation: Data validation is key for a clean geological database; hence the candidate will require to demonstrate a high level of understanding of data validation.
- Data and data types: With examples, the required candidate for this position is required to clearly explain the concept of different geological data and data types and how this concept is linked to database integrity.
- Drilling: Understanding of different drilling types is key for a geological database. The required candidate should have a good knowledgeable level of different drilling types, equipment used and be able to explain how this knowledge is linked to a geological database.
- Database integrity: With examples the required candidate for this position is required to clearly demonstrate the concept of data and database integrity.
- Sampling theory: The required candidate is required to demonstrate a good level of understanding of the concept of sampling theory.
- Laboratory Assaying Protocols: The required candidate is required to show a reasonable-level understanding of the laboratory assaying protocols regarding gold assaying analyses.
- QAQC Procedures: The required candidate is required to demonstrate how conversant he/she is with the concept of quality assurance and quality control.
- Reporting: Required candidate should be able to explain what reporting entails regarding geological databases and assay QAQC.
- Downhole surveying tools: Downhole data is part of the data that makes a geological database. The required candidate should be able to demonstrate a high-level understanding of different types of downhole survey tools and how are they linked to geological databases.
- IMDEX HUB: Technology and automation of data synchronization are key to avoiding human errors introduced to the data from its raw status to the point it gets to the database. The required candidate is required to demonstrate how IMDEX HUB works regarding geological databases.
- SAP Software: The required candidate should be able to demonstrate a high-level understanding of SAP software, as is it required of the candidate to administer day-to-day SAP-related activities for the MRM department.
- Office Administration: The required candidate should be able to clearly demonstrate the ability to run day-to-day office administration tasks for the MRM department.
- Deliverables: The required candidate for the position should be able to demonstrate the ability to timely deliver the required quality outputs.
- Degree /Diploma in Geology or Similar qualification in the workplace
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in the Exploration and gold mining industry
- Previous experience in database migrations and database validation as database management
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Good computer skills, MS Office software, Datashed Database, QAQCR, SAP, IMDEX HUB etc.
- Time Management & Planning
- Communication Skills English and Swahili