NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
To manage the implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of all Applications systems to enable the use of appropriate platform technology, as an integral and reliable component of business process within the country.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
To drive convergence of technologies, ensure delivery of technology projects associated with Applications and liaise and negotiate with internal customers and technology vendors.
To drive innovation related to Application within the bank for the purpose of improving efficiency and productivity in order to achieve revenue targets.
System Stability and Resilience
- Maintain the availability and reliability of applications to ensure that IT can effectively meet service targets in accordance with planned business objectives.
- Responsible for analysing existing application availability issues and problems to determine ways to improve at acceptable cost levels. Responsible to determine availability requirements for new applications or enhancements of existing applications.
- Optimize the availability of the IT infrastructure to deliver cost effective improvements that deliver tangible benefits to business units and customers.
- Provide a range of IT availability reporting to ensure that agreed levels of availability, reliability and maintainability are measured and monitored on an ongoing basis.
- Take actions to achieve reductions in frequency and duration of incidents that impact IT availability.
- Ensure shortfalls in IT availability are recognized and appropriate corrective actions are identified and progressed.
- Create and maintain a forward looking availability plan aimed at improving the overall availability of IT services and infrastructure components to ensure that existing and future availability requirements can be met.
- Provide regular reports on availability to the business, these include those generated from database before system handover and after end of day or end of month batch run.
- Organize and maintain a regular availability review process with both key business and IT representatives.
- Agree appropriate actions to maintain or improve availability levels.
- Initiate and coordinate actions required to maintain or improve availability of applications.
- Act as a coordination point for changes to availability levels of applications when needed.
- Determine the availability requirements from the business for new or enhanced IT applications.
- Establish measures and reporting that reflect business, user and IT support requirements with regards to application availability.
- Participate in Change Control meetings to assess and agree on changes from an availability perspective.
- Define the key targets of availability required for the applications and their components that underpin a new or enhanced IT application as the basis for an SLA agreement.
- Maintain an awareness of technology best practices that support application availability.
- Provide Application criticality assessments.
Projects and UAT Support
- Work closely with change team in supporting new projects initiated by business, Government/TRA and group.
- Support UAT testing challenges related to Applications for new projects or enhancements and perform sanity testing.
- Create new products in core banking Application that are related to new projects or business requirement as per current market or customers need.
- Attend meetings from the beginning of projects until the end.
- Review Business Request Document (BRD) related to Application and advise them accordingly.
- Review and provide advice on technical specification document for new projects.
- Participate in all key sessions for project lifecycle from inception to implementation.
- Review the business needs and correlate their applicability.
- Facilitate implementation of innovative solution that meets customer’s needs.
- Support decommission exercise for all unnecessary applications scoped.
- Provide the lead required to accomplish different diverse activities under a particular project.
Business Continuity Management and Disaster Recovery
- Perform periodic reviews and tests of established Business Continuity Plans and procedures, reporting findings to management and making recommendations for improvements as needed.
- Ensure that all technical components of the Business Continuity Plans are successfully tested at least annually, or whenever significant changes are made to those components.
- Planning and coordinating at least one simulation exercise a year, involving all critical business units.
- Documenting the results of all tests and exercises, and identifying any recommended enhancements to the Business Continuity Plans and Procedures.
- Participant on BCM and DR all critical systems.
- Support the annual business continuity test plan.
- Resume support for all business functions and processes within the agreed time-frame.
- Directing or assisting in the development of Business continuity Plans and procedures.
- Systems data extraction and Analysis as per business request or Audit Logs Extraction as per auditors’ request.
- Tariffs implementation in the system as per business request.
- Support and manage all Audits operations take place on sections.
- Provide reports and information requested by Auditors.
- Attend to incidents and provide feedback to users within SLA once the issue is resolved.
- Daily servers health checks and restart servers or services if required.
- Daily Online, ATM and Maintenance transactions reports while on duty.
- Make sure that no authorized transaction on FCC system to facilitated EOD/EOM/EOY run while on duty.
- Make sure that all Branch batches are closed while on duty before
- handover the system for EOD/EOM/EOY run and run actual EOD/EOM/EOY while on duty.
- Provide support for complex technical issues and initiatives related to assigned automation, systems, databases and/or other technical products and services especially when primary data centre will be moved in country.
- Provide support for complex technical issues and initiatives related to assigned automation, systems, databases and/or other technical products and services especially when primary data will be in country.
- Uses diagnostic and other tools to maintain, troubleshoot and restore service or data to systems.
- Conversant with complex technical issues and convey them clearly (verbally/in writing) for the intended recipient.
- Participates in migration from development to production, upgrades, setup and/or configurations in primary data centre.
- Updates/writes documentation and procedures and assists with related training in coming primary data centre in country.
- Troubleshoots Application issues using general guidelines, templates or direction from others.
- Understands quality, security and compliance requirements for supported areas and reviews changes for risk to Production systems.
- An understanding of, and willingness to adhere to, formal change control procedures and disciplines.
- Strong desire for exploring, evaluating and understanding new technologies.
- Conceptualize automated solutions and understand the prescribed design architecture.
- An aptitude for problem solving, with the ability to take a logical route to the source of an error.
- Work with developers and application owners to implement the change & document it.
- Troubleshooting and providing solutions for production issues raise by either end user.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Computers/IT or degree in relevant field.
- 5 years relevant experience in IT support or related experience.
Bachelor’s Degree – Information Technology, Experience in a similar environment, IT Applications