Maintenance Technician Coordinator
|Job Title:||Maintenance Technician Coordinator|
|Reporting line:||Head of Customer Experience|
|National Hub – Arusha, Tanzania
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and
mini-grids solutions provider in Africa. The company develops
innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services, and
businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to
clean, affordable energy. The PAYGO solar home systems are financed
through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids
foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and
triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural
communities. With over 1,800 employees, operations in nine countries
across Africa (Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda,
Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia), over 1.9 million customers, and more
than 9 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to impact
20 million lives across Africa by 2025.
- The Maintenance Technician Coordinator works to fulfill customer service promises of providing customer service within 48hrs of the report by working in collaboration with maintenance technicians.
- Accountable for the provision of exceptional maintenance services to customers who have reported technical malfunctions within 48hrs or as scheduled with the customer.Accountable for Providing maintenance service within 48hrs or as scheduled with the customer.
- Managing field customer experience operations by supervising maintenance technicians’ activities and maintenance cases through:
- Technically analyzing open maintenance cases in PowerHub to ascertain system malfunction.
- Analyzing, creating, and assigning of preventive maintenance technical cases for customers with systems failure as a proactive initiative.
- Conducting remote troubleshooting and diagnosis of SHS systems on raised maintenance cases together with the customer.
- Verifying and recording correct maintenance actions taken in the database and closing maintenance cases.
- Assigning maintenance cases that need Maintenance Technicians to visit and follow up with the technicians until the system failure is fixed.
- Providing technical support to Maintenance Technicians and agents in order to ensure all fixes, exchanges and other troubleshooting solutions offered are accurate.
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of the Maintenance Technicians regarding the quality and time of actions taken and advise for recertification where necessary.
- Supporting Maintenance Technicians remotely with difficult maintenance cases
- Writing reports on scheduled field visits with ideas on improvements needed to support the department.
- Supporting monthly commission payments and payroll for his/her team and advising Finance Department for deductions or any addition.
- Resolving directly escalated maintenance cases through calls transferred by Customer Care Agents.
- Reviewing maintenance transport cost for cases solved within easy range to have less than 8000 Transport.
- Assessment and verification of maintenance visit cases completed by the technician before closing or solving the case on PowerHub.
- Supporting training of Customer Care Agents on technical troubleshooting of the system and updating any other relevant service network documents.
- Identifying Service Network mapping gaps in the assigned area and advising Service Network Team Leader for recruitment.
- Providing support of a monthly maintenance forecast for spare parts needs on shop/service centers to the Logistics Department based on analysis of previous spare part exchange experience.
- Support maintenance service fees process and provides database support related to service fees.
- Following up on the compensation list and process for delayed maintenance cases due to spare parts
- Managing and supporting warranty and non-warranty customers that would require our services.
- Following up on customer satisfaction feedback from customers who were visited to control the quality of work done by the Technicians.
- Undertake any other related duties as assigned by the line management from time to time
Knowledge and skills
- 3+ years of professional experience in handling electrical installation and maintenance,
- Relevant professional experience in handling installations and maintenance of PV Solar
- Proven ability in coordination between interdepartmental projects.
- Prior experience working with solar products and after-sale service.
- Degree in Electrical and Electronics from a recognized institution or any related social sciences studies
- Knowledge of environmental impact assessment will be an added advantage.
- Holding EWURA licensed and registered class C is an added advantage.
- With a proven ability to analyze a larger set of data (high analytics skills)
- Willingness to travel domestically
- Passion to work with ENGIE Mobisol
- Relevant professional experience
- Fluency in Swahili and English languages with excellent verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy in MS Office, Excel, and other analytical tools.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity, and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement, or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!
Business Unit: GBU Flexible Gen & Retail
Legal Entity: ENGIE MOBISOL UK Ltd, Tanzania Branch
Contract Type: Fixed-Term
Professional Experience: Skilled ( >3 experience <15 years)
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree