Dentists at Aga Khan Health Service
The Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST); an institution of The Aga Khan Development Network, completed a major phase II expansion of the Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam in 2018.
This expansion aimed at improving the Hospital’s quality of facilities and infrastructure to become an ultramodern 170 bed facility to increase its capacity as a provider of high-quality medical care leading to a tertiary care, referral, and teaching hospital.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
The Phase II development focused on expanding key clinical services including a comprehensive cardiology programme, oncology services and neurosciences, as well as the expansion of Orthopaedics and Trauma, Diagnostic Imaging, Critical Care and Women and Child Health programmes.
The Hospital is JCI Accredited (achieved a level of quality and patient service that is equal to the best hospitals in the world) and the teaching site for The Aga Khan University, which offers Postgraduate Medical Education programs leading to Master of Medicine in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology and Paediatrics and Child Health.
It is also an accredited internship site. As part of the integrated health systems approach, AKHST plans to establish 35 outreach health facilities that are located across Tanzania. Currently, 26 such clinics have been established across the country and linked to the main hospital in Dar es Salaam.
AKHST is seeking for enthusiastic, qualified, and experienced personnel as described below:
GENERAL DENTIST-(1 POSITION)
- Meeting with Patients to discuss and treat dental concerns performing regular cleanings and other preventative procedures and establish a plan for better dental hygiene.
- Examine patients’ medical records and prepare patients for treatment.
- Performing all dental procedures, such as extractions, root canals, and filling cavities, dentures, and more as per approved privileges only.
- Keeping records relating to the oral health of patients and the treatments given to them as per AKHST policies.
- Checking teeth, gums, and other parts of the mouth, along with X-rays and tests, to diagnose dental problems.
- Effectively communicating with other staff members to provide quality care to patients.
- Keep record of required inventories, material and equipment order as per standard AKHST operating procedures.
- Ensure compliance with AKHST Policies, Guidelines, Quality Standards and Protocols within the area of accountability as well as with Ministry of Health Policies and Guidelines.
- Participate in the Accreditation processes within the area of accountability and ensure that systems are in place to meet all required standards.
- Any other roles assigned by the Supervisor or his/her designee.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Bachelor of Dental Surgery from recognized University.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in hospital/ clinic settings.
- Certificate of Full Registration from Medical Council of Tanganyika
- Valid Practicing License from Medical Council of Tanganyika
- Strong computer skills and experience with healthcare databases and applications.
- Willingness to comply with all local, state, and federal laws regarding dental and health care.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to keep detailed records.
- Comprehensive knowledge of dental procedures, tools and diagnostic.
- Demonstrated and inherent Integrity and honesty.
- Willingness to be flexible in work habits and assigned tasks. Adaptable and comfortable in less than fully structured environment.
- Always demonstrate a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Should be Customer Centered.
How to Apply:
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS. APPLICATION LETTER, CV AND EDUCATION
CERTIFICATES SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO: email@example.com WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE POSITION.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS END OF BUSINESS DAY ON THURSDAY, JULY 13, 2023
“AKHS is concerned about the climate and environmental crises we face and is doing everything possible to reduce our own impact, encouraging others to do the same, and advancing understanding in this field. AKHS has set itself the task of getting as close to net- zero carbon operations as possible by 2030. We expect all staff to contribute to achieving these aims in the context of their roles. We encourage applicants with previous experience or an interest in this field to apply.”