The Associate, Research, Monitoring & Evaluation (RM&E)-Financial Education Initiative Project primary responsibilities will include providing technical expertise and working with program and operations team to design, implement and manage our research, monitoring and evaluation systems. This position will be based in the Country Office located in Dar es Salaam but will require frequent travel to all areas where Room to Read operates.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
The Associate, Research, Monitoring & Evaluation-Financial Education Initiative Project reports to the Senior Officer, Research, Monitoring & Evaluation.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Program, RM&E and Operation departments to effectively design, implement and oversee country office research, monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Provide technical expertise to support the design of program evaluations, including developing evaluation frameworks, designing data collection methods, and analyzing evaluation data.
- Organizing and maintaining project-related documentation, data hubs/banks, and knowledge-sharing platforms to facilitate easy access to information and lessons learned.
- Manage and coordinate the implementation of Financial Literacy survey, including training and mentoring contract staff develop the necessary knowledge and skills.
- Support RtR’s growing outcome-monitoring initiatives, ensuring that staff have the necessary skills to collect outcome data in a high-quality and methodologically sound manner, and facilitating in-country piloting of new outcome measures, if applicable.
- Synthesize and analyze Financial Education Initiative assessment data and prepare timely presentations and summary reports of key findings by program or operational activities.
- Facilitate timely CO-wide reflection on RM&E findings with relevant program and operational team members. This will include reflecting on findings of monthly, quarterly, and annual global indicator data, program implementation monitoring data, and immediate dissemination of evaluation results.
- Manage and coordinate data quality monitoring activities in accordance with Room to Read guidelines, using the learnings to build country office team capacity on a consistent understanding of organizational indicators and application of quality data collection practices.
- Travel regularly throughout the year to oversee the implementation of RM&E work, maintain an understanding of the current stage of development of RM&E practice in the Organization, and identify where and how RM&E practice requires improvement and investment.
- Ensure Country Office RM&E practices are in or move towards alignment with Room to Read RM&E guidelines and work with Room to Read Global RM&E team to agree on areas where country-level contextualization is appropriate.
- Collaborating closely with other team members, both within the RM&E unit and across programmatic departments, to achieve common goals and objectives.
- Ensuring data quality and integrity through data verification, cleaning, and validation processes.
- Stay informed about research and trends in research, monitoring and evaluation and recommend improvements to our systems accordingly
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, i.e. education, research, social sciences/economics.
- Proven previous experience in research, monitoring and evaluation.
- Strong technical competence in research and monitoring and evaluation methods.
- Strong operational management ability: a clear focus on results – sets goals, plans, and prioritizes effectively, monitors quality and progress of work against plans.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills, with proven ability to work with data software packages such as SPSS/SAS.
- Experience in data entry and analysis.
- Ability to travel frequently to where Room to Read Tanzania operates, including rural areas.
- Prior experience living and/or working in rural areas.
- Good knowledge and understanding of education issues, including community involvement in schools.
- Experience in the successful implementation of a wide range of tasks.
- Commitment to continuous learning for professional development.
- Demonstrated ability to pull multicultural environment and establish harmonious relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Oral and written fluency in Swahili and English
- Excellent knowledge, understanding, and experience in operation research and leading country monitoring and evaluation strategy
- Effectiveness in working or volunteering in a fast-paced, growth-oriented global or regional non-governmental organization that is focused on maintaining high-quality work and low overhead.
Room to Read offers competitive pay with excellent benefits. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, and rapidly growing organization that is transforming the lives of millions of children in developing countries on literacy and gender equality in education.
Room to Read is a child-safe organization.
Tanzania – Main – Dar Es Salaam
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled