- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Business Development/ Relationship portfolio management
DEPARTMENT: Retail Banking
REGIONS: Dar es Salaam
HOURS OF WORK: 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday. Additional hours as required by workload.
The job holder will be responsible for business development in their portfolio of companies, increase market share by increasing the penetration in schemes and product holding by employees in the company hence maximize portfolio contribution.
- Signing up and relationship management of Scheme companies (both Government and Private Schemes) including working with Retail Credit, Billing and Collections around repayments and credit performance.
- Develop sales strategies for specific product channels (Exim Bank Products), customer segment and geographic segment.
- Draw up strategies and manage the performance delivery for Relationship Managers and Sales Officers and its various classifications that could be doing telesales/direct sales/road shows etc.)
- Build organization and management team capable of delivering distinctive sales performance through organizing activities according to the key performance drivers.
- To drive, motivate & inspire Relationship Managers and Sales Officers at branch level to achieve their planned sales activities and targets.
- Setting up and sales of Scheme Payroll accounts and Loans. The tasks require managing and monitoring of Scheme teams of Sales officers at branch level and evaluate
- them in terms of productivity and quality of sourcing to achieve the requisite goals.
- The Incumbent utilizes analytics tools and works with the analytics team in undertaking detailed analyses of sales performance for the purpose of reporting sales strategy successes, weaknesses, and opportunities to senior sales management.
- The Incumbent is in charge of developing weekly/monthly/annual and seasonal sales targets for the department, examining growth opportunities, enabling sales improvements, product mix development, and taking responsibility for the department’s performance against targets.
- Responsible for frequent visit to Scheme companies for Relationship deepening.
- Responsible for managing opportunity and risk associated with Sales Officers (SO’s), infrastructure and processes.
- Develop, maintain and where applicable, roll out procedures and controls that meet the requirements of Group policy, Group standards and local law and regulations.
- To ensure that the operational and credit risks are minimized to the extent possible.
- Build and manage the channel relationship with corporate relationship management team to achieve required channel mix as well as cross sales to existing corporate clients.
- Manage acquisition costs to budgeted levels.
- Achieve the budgeted cross sell targets.
- Participate in Sales calls individually or with Relationship Managers and Sales Officers at branch level to acquire large prospective customers and corporate account Sales.
TECHNICAL SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in business/economics/accounting or related studies.
- MBA will be an added advantage.
- Understanding the life cycle for government lending.
- Basic numeracy for maintaining sales records.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- High Level of technical competence in competitor awareness, customer segmentation requirement, training presentation and selling.
- Excellent management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Swahili.
- Constantly keep abreast of corporate news to ensure early identification of new business opportunities and plan appropriate sales strategy to beat competitors in new business acquisition.
- Strong credit analysis, documentation, and relationship management skills.
- Ability to assess customer needs and develop products that suits their needs.
- Excellent experience in Scheme Loan Management specifically management of Government loan portfolio for not less than 5years, more experience will be an added advantage.
- Possess in-depth understanding and knowledge of Retail Banking Products.
- Proven sales experience in a client relationship role within Retail banking.
- Ability to work to deadlines with proven time management skills.
How to Apply:
Please send your application to: email@example.com
Applications are to be sent with the Subject being: Retail Sales Manager
Application Deadline: 07th May, 2023.