Accounts Payable Supervisor at Japan
Accounts Payable Supervisor
Japan Tobacco International
We’re JTI, Japan Tobacco International and we believe in freedom. We think that the possibilities are limitless when you’re free to choose. In fact, we’ve spent the last 20 years innovating, creating new and better products for our consumers to choose from. It’s how we’ve grown to be present in 130 countries.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
But our business isn’t just business. Our business is our people. Their talent. Their potential. We believe when they’re free to be themselves, grow, travel and develop, amazing things can happen for our business.That’s why our employees, from around the world, choose to be a part of JTI. It is why 83% of employees feel happy working at JTI. And why we’ve been awarded Global Top Employer status, nine years running.So when you’re ready to choose a career you’ll love, in a company you’ll love, feel free to #JoinTheIdea. Learn more www.jti.com
Accounts Payable Supervisor
What This Position Is About – Purpose
The incumbent is primarily responsible for keeping and supervising accounting records for Accounts Payable processes of the Company in conformity with Tanzanian statutory regulations, IFRS, JTI policies & procedures, and JSOX control requirements. He/she is fully accountable for assistance to the Financial Accountant to ensure timely and accurate invoice bookings, payment, and supervision of the Accounts Payable Associate.
What Will You Do – Responsibilities
- Ensure that at all times the Accounts Payable section is working within set company financial procedures.
- Internal controls/JSOX are in place and reported accordingly together with follow-up on reviewers’ comments
- Ensure that supplier invoices are paid timely to vendors as per Accounts Payable (AP) policies and guidelines and perform close follow-up of any unpaid invoices
- Ensure that all Accounts Payable general ledgers are regularly reconciled timely; reconcile third-party vendors’ statements, and employees’ personal accounts, and all GR-IR recons are performed timely, adhere to key accounts reconciliation policy
- Ensure that Goods receipt / Invoice receipt account is cleared on a regular basis and has correct line items;
- Run MR 11 on a weekly basis and follow up on open items such as conditions and line items. Run F.13 on a weekly basis
- Prepare accounts payable aging report and explain overdue balances; prepare monthly reconciliations and check for invoices that were posted twice S_ALR_87012341
- Ensure that all Inter Company accounts are reconciled and x-charges are done timely as well as follow up on Inter-Company receivables
- Resolve queries relating to the correct method of processing AP transactions in accordance with the AP policies and procedures, attending to internal and external auditors on matters relating to the AP section by being one of the main points of contact
- Work closely with the Global Business Service (GBS) as the immediate contact person for all Accounts Payable-related topics
- Supervise team members to successfully achieve business objectives and perform any other tasks assigned by Management
- Accounts Payable Supervisor at Japan Tobacco International
Whom Are We Looking For – Requirements
- Advanced Diploma or Degree in Accounting or equivalent, CPA holder is added advantage
- 3 years experience in a relevant field
- MS Office application, Integrated Accounting Software, SAP
- Fluent in oral / written English and Swahili
- What Are The Next Steps In The Recruitment Process
Thank you very much for your interest in the role. You are welcome to apply.