Regional Operational Effectiveness and Digital Security Director at Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 85 years, and are now active in more than 80 countries.
We are currently looking for an exceptional, highly experienced leader to join our Regional Hub team as the Regional Operational Effectiveness and Digital Security Director – Middle East, East and Southern Africa Region.
Location: The location of this role can be flexible where Plan International has an office within (MEESA) Middle East, East and Southern Africa Region that can employ on behalf of the Regional Hub/office and you have the pre-existing right to work and live.
Type of contract: Local fixed term contract as per the employing office’s standard terms and conditions.
Salary: We will be happy to disclose the salary and applicable benefits to applicants as part of this process, however, kindly note that the salary and employment benefits will be set according to your location and therefore it is not possible to include full details here.
Closing Date: Monday 12th June 2023
Plan International’s Ambition from now to 2027 is to see All Girls Standing Strong Creating Global Change. Will you stand with them?
Working together we will create:
- A world where all girls know and exercise their rights to living the life they choose
- A network of supporters, communities, staff, partners, and donors, all supporting girls and young women to stand strong as they learn, lead, decide, and thrive.
- Global change through breaking down the barriers and discrimination girls and young women currently face every minute, every hour, every day.
We aim to improve the lives of 200 million girls in the next five years. There are more than 200 million reasons to join Plan International, will you be one of them?
As the Regional Operational Effectiveness and Digital Security Director, your role will be to maintain and improve organisational effectiveness and digital security in the MEESA Region and the MEESA Hub by:
- Providing strategic leadership to the Nairobi Shared Service Hub who provide timely, accurate and cost-effective services to existing and new clients within and beyond the MEESA region and to form the operational core of the Nairobi Global Hub; and bring strategic support and thought leadership for the emergence of shared services in the region. (The shared Services Centre has the HR, IT, Finance, Procurement, Logistics and Admin functions)
- Improve and optimise operational effectiveness – oversight and coordination of the regional work to strengthen business processes and then to adopt the new systems to take them on-line. (YODA).
- Bring strategic leadership to improve digital security and on-line functional capability in the MEESA Region; needs digital/it understanding
- Oversee the regional Supply Chain function to support countries to adopt and adhere to the supply chain manual.
We’re looking for an exceptional, highly experienced leader to support, inspire and lead our teams. With demonstrable experience exercising leadership functions with increasing responsibility in an international environment related to development and social justice and programming in difficult environments, are you ready to rise to a new challenge that puts girls’ rights at the heart of everything you do?
As the Regional Operational Effectiveness and Digital Security Director, you will be adept at developing people, building relationships and creating a strong sense of purpose and collaboration for all those around you. You will bring genuine passion, determination, and fresh thinking to our work – with the aim of improving our organisational effectiveness and digital security.
- Excellent English is required
- Knowledge of any other languages such is desirable.
All applications will be kept confidential. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be invited to participate in the recruitment process.
Applicable locations include: Kenya, Ethiopia, South Sudan, Egypt, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Rwanda, Sudan, Jordan, Lebanon, Somalia
Please follow this link for a full role profile – JD – Regional Operational Effectiveness and Digital Security Director
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for.
We want Plan International to reflect the diversity of the communities we work with, offering equal opportunities to everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Plan International is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We foster an organisational culture that embraces our commitment to racial justice, gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Disclaimer: Please note that Plan International will never send unsolicited emails requesting payment from candidates.