The Technical Officer, Family planning will provide technical support in TCI Rapid Scale Initiative Model in Geita District Council and Kilosa District Council, especially in the assessment, design, and implementation and monitoring of the demand driven approach in the delivery of family planning selected two geographies (district councils). Assist in ensuring sustainable adoption of family Planning (FP) innovations in the two locations. This position is open to Tanzanian nationals only and the applications will be received by 8th June, 2023.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
- Assist in the assessment, design and implementation of appropriate evidence-based family planning innovations/interventions in selected geographies.
- Provide technical reviews and strategic inputs into the design, adoption and simplification of key Rapid Scale Initiative interventions including the use of TCI FP Tool Kit, TCI University, TCI Community of Practice, training curricula and best practices and other program materials.
- Provide technical assistance (coaching and mentoring) in landscaping and proposal development to selected geographies to ensure that program strategies result into greatest impact, scaled and sustained.
- Participate actively in the RSI annual work planning
- Support and assist with project’s M&E activities to ensure that the project meets set targets in accordance with national and international standards
- Implement project activities in a timely, cost effective manner, multi-tasking and prioritizing as necessary.
- Provide active support to geographies, District Reproductive Health Coordinators (DRCHCO) in the implementation and supervision of national standards for FP.
- In collaboration with geographies HIS/DHSI and TCI M&E Manager, track activities, ensure that appropriate information is collected, and analyzed and used on a routine basis by geographies management for programmatic decision making.
- Prepare routine activities and monthly and quarterly reports.
- Contributing to the documentation and intuitive learning activities by predations of appropriate documents and reports, including challenges, successes and lessons learned
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues and donors
- Work with project and financial staff to prepare and track progress of activity budgets
- Maintain productive and consistent communication with project and other TCI technical team
- Ensure compliance with the donor operational policies and regulations
- Perform other duties as directed by your supervisor
- Degree or Diploma in nursing or public health, organization development, social sciences, population or a related field.
- Minimum of five years’ experience working in integrated FP/RH service delivery in government, NGOs and private sector
- Demonstrated work experience in Bill and Melinda Gate Foundation Projects.
- Familiarity with participatory methodologies and approaches
- Demonstrated experience in systems strengthening (service, MIS) and use of data for implementing quality improvement interventions within select geography settings
- Proven skills in facilitation, team building, capacity building and coordination
- Strong change management, results-oriented and decision-making skills
- Experience engaging international NGOs, international donors, senior government officials and policymakers
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills
- A team player accustomed to building team capacity, delegating working teams and developing communities of learning among partners and counterparts
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Fluency in English and Swahili
- Excellent computer literacy
- Ability to travel frequently and on short notice
Office Management and Operations
- Provide supervisory roles to other supportive staff including cleaners and security, to ensure timely delivery of day-to-day assigned duties.
- Ensure documents are properly documented and filed.
- Coordinate with procurement team to ensure that office running required items are available in time to support program and office undertakings, including monitoring of procurement plan
- Facilitate smooth day to day office running to ensure availability of all office requirements.
- Ensure good relationship between the organization and the partner over the phone and through e-mails when interacting with or visiting the regional Office.
- Maintain reception information/literature and keep the reception area tidy and welcoming.
- Acknowledge receipt of all incoming mails, invoices, register the same and channel to responsible official for action.
- Oversee proper running of utilities for the offices such as electricity, water and proper function of telephone lines
- Provide regular guidance/feedback to the Senior Operations Manager on the reception/front office issues/office management issues.
- Oversee the use and maintenance of the office equipment including the photocopier, binding machine to ensure that they are in working order and arrange for their repair and maintenance as needed.
- Follow up of service provider
- Manage safety and security of the building and assets.
- Ensure that all office equipment and work space properly maintained and serviced follow up with vendors for after sale service and maintenance.
- Assume other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Assist in arranging local and regional staff travel, which includes hotel bookings, airport transfers, arranging for travel advances, making hotel reservations as needed.
- Consolidate the list of hotel, renegotiating the rate, and update the contracts
- Manage the hotel agreement by making sure they are updated on time and have the list uploaded at my.jhpiego.org
- Make close follow up of statement reconciliation monthly
- Collect invoices and attach the relevant support documentation; responsible for preparing POs for hotel, work closely with VAT refunds.
- Request official receipts from vendors following payment or transfer made to them
- Work with Finance team to close all none paid PO from the QB on monthly basis; work with the Zone offices to make sure the PO are closed.
- Verifying all hotel listed, attach the relevant support documentation; responsible for preparing POs for hotel.
- University degree and/or college diploma and minimum 2 years relevant experience in related field
- Secretarial training and/or office management/operations training
- Proficient in the use of computers and Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English
- Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines.
- Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable.
- Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence.