Position: Driver (1 Post)
Reports To: Transport/Administration Officer
Work Station: Ifakara
Apply By: May 25th 2023
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research, service delivery and policy translation.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Ifakara is seeking a qualified and experienced Driver. The driver will be driving Ifakara Health Institute staff and collaborators (and guests) to various areas within Ifakara region and sometimes outside Ifakara.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Transport official passengers/visitors and suppliers within and outside Ifakara region.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day minor maintenance and cleaning of the vehicle in his/her charge.
- Keep the line manager informed if any irregularities happen to the project vehicles and suggest the necessary steps as per advice received from the Head Mechanic or Transport Officer.
- Keep records of vehicle movements and gas refuelling in logbooks of the usage of the vehicle assigned to him/her as required and be responsible for booking servicing of the car when service is due as per manufacturer’s specs.
- Keep vehicle services and maintenance records in a logbook.
- Undertake daily and weekly checklist of vehicles and minor repair of vehicles under the administrative custody of the company and obtains appraisals on costs of vehicle repair.
- Support delivering and safe carrying of pouches, mail, documents, or parcels entrusted to him for transportation as assigned.
- Assist in the logistic work process.
- Perform any other tasks as may be assigned by a supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
- Certificate of secondary education (Form IV or VI levels of education).
- Basic elementary knowledge of motor machines and driving license class C/C1/C2.
- Minimum of 4 years of driving experience with a safe driving record.
Skills and Competencies
- Fluent in Swahili and basic English languages both written and spoken.
- Ability to fix vehicles if a minor breakdown occurs.• In-depth
knowledge about local settings whereby living/coming from Ifakara is an
• Have strong interpersonal skills and are currently active in services.
• Be flexible to work extra hours including over the weekend.
• Maintain a professional attitude.
• Demonstrate the highest level of integrity and ethical behaviour.
• Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Responsibility, Integrity, Respect and Initiative).
- BOFYA HAPA NA JIUNGE NASI TELEGRAM KWA NAFASI(4,218+ POSTS)
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Thursday, May 25th, 2023. All e-mail application subject lines should include: DRIVER – Ifakara. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania