Senior Data Scientist (1 Position(s))
Job Location : Head Office, Hq
The individual will support relevant stakeholders through analytics, and the application of appropriate advanced analytics for the business' key initiatives.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
- Mine, analyze large amounts of data, find hidden patterns and forecasting trends using data and provide reports with recommendations
- Implement advanced analytics use case scenarios for the bank
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes
- Researching on Machine Learning Algorithms
- Testing Machine Learning systems
- Training and retraining ML systems
- Using Data Science techniques/tools to improve processes
- Aggregate data from disparate sources both structured and unstructured
- Translate analytic insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for business or product improvement.
- Identify new opportunities to apply machine learning to business processes to improve their efficiency and effectiveness;
- Design and implement reporting dashboards that can track key business metrics and provide actionable insights;
- Process, cleanse, and validate the integrity of data to be used for analysis
- Automation data collection and management process
- Work closely with business to identify issues and use data to propose solutions for effective decision making
- Design and implement big data strategy for the bank
- Innovate by researching, learning, and adapting new modeling techniques and procedures to existing business problems.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions
- BI & Data warehouse; ML Techniques; Big data platforms
- Strong mathematical & numeracy skills
- Understanding of reporting & data visualizations tools
- Understanding of ETL framework and ETL tools
- Excellent analytical, creative and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Ability to priorities, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Data oriented personality
Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc in Computer Science, Data science, Mathematics or relevant field.
- Strong coding skills, such as R, Python or Scala
- Proven work experience as a Data Scientist
- Experience with big data platforms and tools including Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Spark and MapReduce
- Experience with programing languages including SQL, Python, Scala and Perl; and R.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience in data mining & machine learning algorithms and their implementations
- Experience with manipulating large data set
- Experience in financial services especially in Banking is a bonus
Senior Software Developer (6 Position(s))
Job Location: Head Office, Hq
To lead a team of software developers in studying bank operations; designing, building, testing, and installing software solutions or modifying/upgrading existing applications; support and develop software teams to meet critical business goals.
- Participate in systems/project scoping, design, and pricing exercises as part of the development and business teams' processes.
- Work with Senior Manager Applications Development to ensure resource utilization targets are met.
- Bring together components and software subsystems into a whole and ensure that those subsystems function together by;
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating impact analysis, problem definition, user requirements, proposed solutions and efforts required.
- Document and demonstrate solutions, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear pseudo codes.
- Develop and conduct testing plans and procedures based on system requirements.
- Identify systems deficiencies and implement effective solutions.
- Communicate and enforce coding standards, recommending policies, processes and procedures changes.
- Researching, evaluating, and recommending systems/equipment/technologies based upon user requirements and ICT system enterprise architecture in place.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of the trending banking software and technologies in the market
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Problem-solving and follow through.
- Pragmatic and thorough
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with varieties of databases and object-relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks.
- Knowledge of varieties of MVC frameworks/systems or libraries including but not limited to Spring Framework, ReactJS & Native, Kotlin and/or Swift.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc. in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- At least five years in the Software Development industry with Java-related projects.
- Experience with integrations with Banks' products/systems is an added advantage.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Job opening date: 02-May-2023
Job closing date: 16-May-2023