Mwananchi Communications Limited, a subsidiary of Nation Media Group, and publishers of Mwananchi, The Citizen and Mwanaspoti newspaper and its digital products is looking to recruit highly motivated and experienced individuals to fill the positions of:
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
CONSULTANT -REVISE EDITOR (THE CITIZEN)
PURPOSE: To clean up subbed copy to ensure factual and language accuracy, clarity, readability, balance and comprehensiveness in conformity with journalistic ethics, editorial guidelines, policy and house-style.
- Is responsible for the correctness of the language (grammar, spelling, and syntax), style and balance of editorial material assigned to him/her for revision.
- Edits text (including headlines and captions)) for language, style, clarity, comprehensiveness, balance, objectivity, appropriateness, crispness, topicality, etc. in electronic format on a computer. If there are any discrepancies, e.g. downplaying an important story, immediately brings it to the attention of the Chief Sub-Editor.
- Is responsible for meeting revision schedules to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ensures revised material is free of defamatory material and is consistent with MCL’s style of journalism.
- Signs off the ready pages to the Production Editor within set deadlines.
- Asa senior editor, contributes to the continuing development and improvement of MCL products.
- Liaise with section editors on content guality improvement through mentorship and coaching.
- As senior editor, will be one of the key players in ensuring that The Citizen maintains high guality of journalism in terms of both content and language as stated clearly in our Editorial policy.
- In collaboration with Chief Sub Editor and Managing
- Editor, you will play the role of improving the subbing skills of our sub editors through rigorous analysis of their final works as well as providing in-house coaching.
- Driving convergence on the Subs/Production Desk.
- Ensuring timely processing of digital copy.
- Ensuring print stories are sign-posted with associated multimedia.
- Adhering to Social Media Policy as updated from time to time.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Academic: Bachelor’s degree in Journalism/Mass Communication or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Experience: 2-3 years working experience.
- Professional: Postgraduate Diploma in Journalism
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – (1 Post)
To manage generate print and digital revenue by maintaining relationships with current advertisers, identifying and breaking new business, developing strategic plans, negotiating schedules, and communicating results or problems to management. S/he will also collaborate with the sales team on print media plans and program opportunities.
- Identify Key Digital Trends in the East African Market and develop thorough understanding of the product requirements
- Establish and grow relationships with decision makers / influencers within major clients and ad agencies
- Independently shape and drive all business development and sales related aspects of Habari Hub projects and take responsibility for their success
- Align business development strategy with the MCL digital strategy
- Identify business opportunities, design business development strategy and lead strategic deal making for internal projects.
- Actively identify and pursue new revenue opportunities, Create concepts in alliance with clients, Product and Editorial Teams
- Effect and resource efficient sales & outreach including the defining & tracking success metrics
- Ideate, pitch, and negotiate partnership deals and oversee customer success management
- Strategize for growth and maximum share of category spends on digital platform
- Provide actionable insights on ad performance using analytical tools to the sales team
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Academic: Basic University Degree in business related, ideally in a relevant subject like Digital Media.
- Experience : 3 years working experience
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online via our career portal https://careers.mcl.co.tz OR email@example.com by April 22, 2023
All Applications should be in PDF format.
Women are highly encourage to apply.
MCL is an equal opportunity employer.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.