Electrical Maintenance Technician
The World Vegetable Center (WorldVeg) is a non-profit, autonomous international agricultural research center with headquarters in Taiwan and five regional offices around the globe. WorldVeg conducts research and development programs that contribute to realizing the potential of vegetables for healthier lives and more resilient livelihoods. For more information, please visit our website: worldveg.org
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
WorldVeg seeks a highly experienced Electrical Maintenance Technician to carry out maintenance activities for the WorldVeg Regional Office in Eastern and Southern Africa. The position will be based at the WorldVeg Regional Office for Eastern and Southern Africa in Arusha, Tanzania.
Key job responsibilities:
- To assume responsibility for all the repair and maintenance of the regional office for Eastern and Southern Africa facilities
- To ensure that the reported maintenance requirements are delivered efficiently and within acceptable timeframe
- To carry out plumbing works and maintenance of the generators
- To ensure all electrical lights are running in a good condition (this includes changing and replacing them)
- Responsible for repair of canteen equipment e.g replace broken cooker units etc
- To inspect all electrical circuits(making sure they are running smoothly)
- Assist in laying internet cables as assigned (including wall sockets etc)
- Install new electrical devices(simple electrical appliances)
- Carry out facilities inspections and report any matters of concerns to Regional Finance and Administration Officer
- Performs a variety of routine building maintenance and repairs; replaces light bulbs; repairs, adjusts, and replaces electrical, plumbing components, and fixtures.
- Responsible for repair office equipment eg chairs, tables etc
- To ensure that the electrical security fence is working before leaving the campus
- Inspect and coordinate with GardaWorld Security for routine maintenance
- To undertake any other duties delegated by the supervisor or Regional Director
- Ordinary level Secondary school, A holder of NTA level 4, VETA Trade test grade 1 or equivalent from a recognized Institute
- 5 years’ experience as an electrical technician
- Basic knowledge of spoken and written English
- Good knowledge of computer tools
- Compliance to safety requirement at work place
- Able to work with multidisciplinary teams in a multicultural and multinational environment.
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff position with competitive pay and benefits. The position is only open to Tanzanian nationals. The initial appointment is for one year and may be extended depending on requirement, funding availability, and performance of the incumbent.
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit a letter of application explaining their suitability for and interest in the position along with their curriculum vitae, names and addresses (including telephone/e-mail) of three professional referees and date of availability. Please send applications stating the job title by email to email@example.com by the closing date on 05 May 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.