Position: Life Skills Coach
Placement: Shungimbili Island (Mafia Island)
Closing Date: 31st April 2023
Employment: 1-year renewable contract
Star For Life (SFL) is a non-profit organization with the mission to inspire young people to value learning, acquire the knowledge and skills they need for productive work, and live healthy and meaningful lives. SFL has developed a unique set of programmes and workshops that we are currently running in Schools in South Africa, Namibia and Tanzania reaching thousands of learners to add value to the regular Life Orientation curriculum. Our method empowers learners with self- esteem and internal incentives to adopt positive Attitudes and constructive behaviours.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Life Skills Coach
The Life Skills Coach will be based in schools with the purpose to provide support to learners through structured programs and consultations in assisting the learners to achieve their dreams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement a prescribed Star for Life program in schools to motivate the learners to value their learning and build their self- esteem.
- Performing the following duties but not limited to:
a) Classroom sessions for learners from Standard 1-5, Form 1 – Form4 b) Learner workshops.
c) Organize in collaboration with other stakeholders Awareness Campaign inschools and surrounding communities.
d) Provide individual and or group consultations to learners.
- BSC in Counselling Psychology or BSC in Educational psychology • Bachelor of Arts in Social Work
- Registration with relevant body is an advantage
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili
- Self-driven and highly motivated young person
- Strong values and principles
- Demonstrate a positive and friendly attitude
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and project management skills. • Report writing skills essential.
- Possession of driver’s license will be an added advantage
To apply for the above position, submit a CV, relevant qualifications and motivation Letter stating the Post you are applying for to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
Should no feedback be received within two weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application was not successful.