Technical Project Manager, Digital Square
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
The Center of Digital and Data Excellence (CoDE) at PATH works with government ministries of health, the private sector, and donors to strengthen the use of digital technologies and data for improved health services. Digital Square (https://www.digitalsquare.org) is one of CoDE’s flagship global initiatives. It is PATH-led and funded by multiple donors, including the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, to advance digitally enabled health services to help close the health equity gap. Conceived from the lessons of the inefficiencies and redundancies of prior investments in digital technologies for international development, Digital Square works with ministries of health to align adaptable, interoperable digital technologies with local health needs and brings partners together to improve how the global community designs, uses, and pays for digital health tools and approaches.
PATH is currently recruiting a Technical Project Manager (TPM) to join the Digital Square team. The TPM will work closely with PATH colleagues, partners from the German Agency for International Cooperation (GIZ), and Ministry of Health (MOH) in Tanzania to implement the Digital Innovation and Pandemic Control (DIPC) project. The DIPC project aims to deploy digital tools to support vaccine data systems and immunization management for pandemic preparedness. The TPM will report to the Senior Technical Project Manager in Tanzania.
Responsibilities will be reflective of evolving Digital Square and DIPC priorities, and may include:
Technical work with focus on business analysis and technical writing
- Provide business analysis and product views for the DIPC project with a focus on documenting workflows and developing localized Digital Adaption Kits (DAKs).
- Support architectural and system design to external stakeholders and internal teams as it relates to interoperable health information systems in the public sector.
- Advocate for and support the appropriate use of standards and architectures in documentation and design work around projects (e.g., Open Health Information Exchange [OpenHIE], Health Level 7 [HL7], Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources [FHIR], Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise [IHE] profiles) with opportunities to contribute to the design of global health standards.
- Translate the localized DAK requirements into a test plan and test cases (manual and automated) prioritized according to MOH needs.
- Support the development of localized test data sets.
- Represent Digital Square and the DIPC project as a technical leader to external stakeholders at technical meetings, conferences, and workshops.
Country implementations and regional networks
- Work with MOH, Technical Working Groups, and other digital health stakeholders to map and analyze the current immunization ecosystems to determine requirements, challenges, and needs.
- Provide technical support to the Tanzania MOH in the review and implementation of activities, with a focus on architecture and health information system design and implementation.
- Supervise and/or advise Digital Square team on best practices for Tanzania implementation activities as they relate to the technical and programmatic work products.
- Provide technical oversight and/or management of engagements and support to regional networks, including directing capacity-building testathons and training workshops.
- Capture and track project progress, risks, and mitigation strategies.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a project monitoring dashboard to capture project milestones, key performance indicators, and financial data.
- Work closely with the DIPC Project Manager to keep project tools updated, provide input on best practices, and develop process improvement strategies.
Monitoring, evaluation, and learning
- Help define Tanzania project indicators that align to project workstreams.
- Document critical learnings generated throughout the project to capture the process and outcomes of implementing digital tools to support immunization systems, including evaluating changes in country capacity.
- Share lessons learned with project teams, stakeholders, and partners throughout the project to inform the broader digital health and immunization ecosystem.
- Provide active technical guidance to awards and contribute to the growth of the knowledge space of digital health and global goods.
- Communicate, coordinate, and negotiate with internal and external partners, donors, and stakeholders on technical recommendations to global goods platforms and appropriate use of global goods, such as those being invested in by Digital Square.
- Support Digital Square to engage with investors about global goods, explain what they are, and advocate for how they can be used.
- Required Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience partnering with the Tanzania MOH and other implementing partners in the digital health space.
- Experience in business analysis and technical writing in the health domain (+5 years).
- Experience with software quality assurance and testing processes and tools is highly advantageous.
- Experience with integration / interoperability testing is highly advantageous.
- Experience working with teams to develop health information systems with a focus on interoperability and standards.
- Familiarity with international health standards and architectural patterns including OpenHIE, HL7 FHIR and preferably IHE.
- Have deep familiarity with open source global goods and the digital health landscape.
- Credibly articulate expertise and experience in one or more of the followings:
- introduction and scaling of digital technology in low- and middle-income countries.
- application of digital technology to strengthen health systems and services.
- Experience working remotely with diverse teams of geographically distributed employees with multiple perspectives (think global coalitions, associations, or working groups) to set strategies and execute them successfully.
- Experience in managing and being accountable for managing complex contracting mechanisms within the field of digital health and/or with large scale programs funded by bilateral and/or multilateral donor agencies (e.g., USAID, GIZ).
- Willingness and ability to travel globally/in-country up to 10% of the time.
Must have legal authorization to work in Tanzania
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to email@example.com.Job Location
- Dar es Salaam, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of
- Company Location
- Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Position Type