Youth and Gender Specialist 2 posts at ACDI/VOCA
ACDI/VOCA is a global development organization working in over 60 countries around the world. In Tanzania, ACDI/VOCA is implementing the USAID-funded Feed the Future Tanzania Kilimo Tija Activity, which aims to transform the Tanzanian horticulture market system into a more vibrant,
competitive, resilient, and inclusive one capable of fueling sustained growth and drawing in new market participants. ACDI/VOCA believes that all people should have the opportunity to achieve better lives for themselves, their families, and their communities. With diverse partners, ACDI/VOCA empowers people to succeed in the global economy.
As part of its mission, ACDI/VOCA is looking for a skilled and experienced professional to fill the position of Youth and Gender Specialist. The position is expected to work with the Youth and Inclusion Manager to facilitate the implementation of the strategy for gender, youth, and social inclusion (GYSI) and ensure the integration of women, youth, and other vulnerable populations across all activity components. Location: Iringa 1, Zanzibar 1.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with project specialists (finance, business, agronomy, etc.) to identify business opportunities for youth- and women-led initiatives.
- With the guidance of the Youth and Social Inclusion Manager, design and lead systems to streamline gender and youth activities that promote production and productivity within the region of project operations.
- Development and compilation of weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports, and ensuring that a robust data base is maintained at the regional level to track productivity and use of inputs and services by youth and women participants in the KTA.
- Support partners and stakeholders to integrate and improve gender and youth inclusion in the project.
- Support the design, planning, and implementation of appropriate curricula to help the region’s office plan and implement training programs that promote youth, gender equality, and social inclusion.
- Organize capacity-building sessions for various stakeholders, which include associations, SACCOs, savings groups, and other microfinance institutions in ZOI, in areas such as microenterprise lending, the use of digital tools, or related areas, including convening stakeholders/workshops and facilitating focused trainings that promote youth and women’s engagement.
- Recommend strategies and approaches that will enhance youth and women’s engagement in the KTA in a sustainable way.
- Conduct awareness-raising events and workshops in communities for the promotion of opportunities within the horticulture sector for women and youth.
- Facilitate access to and adoption of productivity-enhancing technologies that are youth- and women-friendly.
- At all times, ensure effective implementation of the youth and gender engagement strategy.
- carry out any additional duties that the Youth and Social Inclusion Manager may assign.
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in gender studies, community development, sociology, social work, or other relevant fields.
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience working with gender, youth, and social inclusion issues.
- Experience with agriculture productivity, agribusiness, and market systems development and working with the private sector for the advancement of gender and youth issues is preferred.
- Understanding of the Tanzania horticulture /Agriculture sectors’ environments is required.
- Willing to work in a rural setting with various stakeholders, which include farmers, buyers, financiers, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English and Kiswahili are essential.
- Ability to travel to project areas in ZOI.
Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 14, 2023. Candidates should indicate the position for which they are applying in the subject line. Only fully qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. ACDI/VOCA is an equal-opportunity employer.