CCL Global Sub-Saharan Africa Mwanza Region, Tanzania
- Accounts Payable duties including: maintaining vendor’s billing information, creditor statement reconciliations, payment run processing, payments setup in online banking system and managing queries
- Assist with maintaining the company’s accounting records in the Company’s accounting software (Pronto), including:
- Process general ledger journal entries (including reversing journals);
- Assist with month end closing and reconciliation of General Ledger balances, including weekly bank reconciliations;
- Maintain the fixed asset register and cost and depreciation schedules;
- Work with Payroll function to process payroll on a monthly basis;
- Reconcile actual versus budget/forecast expenditures;
- Provide quality financial reports from Cognos and QlikView reporting tools;
- Provide accurate and timely capture of Development and Exploration expenditures including project coding and tenement coding;
- Prepare and process regular standing journals including accruals, depreciation, foreign exchange revaluations, intercompany loans, and petty cash;
- Ensure accurate data capture for statutory and taxation reporting purposes and local content reporting (i.e. annual corporate tax returns, VAT returns, and local content returns, etc.)
- Maintain the reporting calendar within Pronto to ensure periods are closed off and data is captured in the correct period.
- Assist the Finance Team with preparation of quarterly, half-year and annual financial reports, as required;
- Assist with the preparation of various Management Reports;
- Assist with Tenement Management and Reporting, management of the tenement module and exploration reporting;
- Assist with the preparation and lodgement of statutory returns including tax obligations on a monthly basis as well as payment of any related TRA obligations (i.e. PAYG, NSSF, withholding taxes, VAT, etc.);
- Assist the Finance team to liaise with the Company’s auditors during the Half Year review and Full Year audit (e.g. providing any reconciliations and documentation requested by the auditor);
- Assist with ongoing cash flow forecast management based on Accounts Payable (outflows) and Accounts
- Receivable (inflows) knowledge;
- Provide general advice and support as necessary to complete the above items including assistance to the Tanzanian Finance Team;
- Undertake any additional tasks that may reasonably be requested.
- These roles and responsibilities may vary from time to time.
- A degree qualification in Accounting or Finance or equivalent, or be undertaking a formal qualification in Accounting or Finance.
- 3 – 5 Years’ working experience in a similar role, extensive experience with Pronto Xi ERP System and
- Microsoft Office Suite is essential with particular experience in Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Hands-on Pronto ERP experience, including Accounts Payable, General Ledger and Fixed Assets
- Understanding spreadsheets (Excel), data analysis and reconciliation procedures.
- Strong administrative and procedural skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- A positive attitude.
- Initiative and integrity.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team.