The University of Dar es Salaam is a public university in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. It was established in 1961 as an affiliate college of the University of London. The university became an affiliate of the University of East Africa in 1963, shortly after Tanzania gained its independence from the United Kingdom. In 1970, UEA split into three independent universities: Makerere University in Uganda, the University of Nairobi in Kenya, and the University of Dar es Salaam.
The University of Dar es Salaam invites dynamic, proactive, experienced and suitable qualified Tanzanians to fill a vacant post of a Hotel Manager.
Job Title: Driver (2 posts)
A: Qualifications and Experience
Holder of Form IV certificate of Secondary Education with passes in Kiswahili and English plus a Basic Driving Course certificate from VETA or other recognised College. Must have a valid Driving Licence in class E or C1 with at least one (1) year driving experience without causing accident. Possession of Trade Test II or CBET II from a recognized Institution will be an added advantage
Duties and Responsibilities
- To drive University vehicles for department/Unit safely;
- To maintain and keep up-to-date log-books;
- To ensure that valid documents are obtained prior to commencing any journey
- To ensure safety of passenger (s) during driving;
- To ensure safe-keeping and cleanliness of the vehicle and its tools;
- To keep motor vehicle in good running conditions and reports immediately faults and defects to Transport officer;
- To maintain disciplined behaviour, smartness and proper conduct in rendering services;
- To adhere to Vehicle Maintenance Schedules;
- To report promptly any defects or problems detected in the vehicle;
- To perform messenger duties and responsibilities such as dispatching documents/letters, collecting mail, photocopying of documents;
- To perform any other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by one’s reporting officer.
Salary Scale: PGSS 2
TERMS OF SERVICE
One (1) year fixed contract
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should apply in confidence enclosing:
- Detailed CV which includes names and addresses of three referees. ii. Certified copies of relevant academic certificates and transcripts. iii. Photocopy of birth certificate.
- Valid Driving Licence in class E or C1
- Preferred mode of communication, e.g. telephone, email.
- Certificate from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA). ii. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania with an age not above 45 years of age.
- Applicants must indicate their National Identification Numbers (NIDA Number).
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will result in disqualification and legal action.
- Applicants retired or terminated from public service for whatever reason should not apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Deadline for application is 15th December, 2022
NB: All applications must be sent through UDSM recruitment portal by using the following address: https://hrmis.udsm.ac.tz/hrportal/index.php/application_list and not otherwise
Manage, and transform the hotel to be competitive.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administering hotel operations and implementation of hotel activities.
- Controlling Hotel revenue and expenditure.
- Ensuring Hotel standards are adhered.
- Developing Plans and Budgets for the hotel.
- Administering all activities related to upholding hotel standards.
- Marketing the hotel products and services within and outside the country.
- Liaising with the University and other stakeholders on hotel matters.
- Preparation of hotel weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports on hotel performance.
- Performing any other related duties as may be directed by the Hotel Board or University Administration.
Key competences: Communication skills, and management skills.
Qualifications: A Bachelor Degree in Tourism or related field of study such as Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Public Administration. A Technician Certificate of Hospitality Operations is an added advantage.
Experience: Must have at least five (5) years working experience of which two
(2) must be in the senior positions in the hospitality or related industry.
Language: Preferably English and Kiswahili.
Age Limit: Must not exceed 50 years of age.
Renumeration: Attractive package.
Terms of Employment: Contract-based renewed based on the performance. Application Requirements: Applicants must enclose application letter, curriculum vitae, and certified true copies of academic credentials.
Application Submission: Applications are submitted online through email@example.com e-mail titled “Application for the Hotel Manager” and should be addressed to
University of Dar es Salaam Business School
P.O. Box 35046 Dar es Salaam.
Application Deadline: 08th December, 2022 1600hrs EAT.