Director to Tanzania-based Training Centre at MS TCDC October, 2022
MS TCDC (Training Centre for Development Cooperation) plays a key role within MS ActionAid Denmark (AADK) by addressing the capacity needs of country programmes, their partner organizations and other stakeholders particularly within Eastern and Southern Africa. MS TCDC provides training, consultancies and facilities for reflection and learning to civil society organizations and their partners.
offers a lively international and multicultural atmosphere with the aim
to enhance the ability of individuals, groups, and institutions to
influence democratic governance, equitable, sustainable, and
transformative change. Partners include governments, intergovernmental
organisations, development partners, donors, civil society organisations
and private sector entities.
Under the TCDC Director’s remit there are two sections: Programmes and Operations. In total, the two sections host 30 permanent staff and more than 60 associate trainers. Many support functions are carried out by external service providers, e.g. transport and housekeeping.
The new Director is an experienced change manager and a visionary leader who will be measured on two vital parameters within the first year in office: 1) that MS TCDC is financially and operationally sustainable (main task first six months) and 2) that it is set to deliver on the new TCDC strategy (the following six months). The changes will be in line with ActionAid values and entails, but is not limited to, the following:
- Ensure financial sustainability of the centre, high quality delivery of current engagements and donor compliance.Hereunder:Develop and implement a resource mobilisation plan, including increase sales of ‘venue packages’ and attracting funding to refurbish and develop the physical premises and green TCDC.
- Analyse feasibility of current activities and lead necessary measures for rescoping and refocusing of the centre.
- Analyse current setup of the physical premises with an aim to optimize usage.
- Ensure high quality in Danida-funded activities and good collaboration with key actors.
- Ensure donor compliance and alignment with AADK policies and standards as well as financial budgeting and reporting best practices.
- Develop core and high-quality products in line with the new strategy that are financially sustainable, adopting a test and invest approach.
- Seek and develop relevant partnerships within Tanzania, in the region and internationally, ensuring that TCDC takes a unique role in East Africa.
- Solidify close relationships with the relevant authorities in Tanzania, in particular becoming a strong player in Arusha.
- Forge synergies between donor-funded outputs and ‘reap’ the benefits of these for TCDC.
- Continue performance and retention management of the existing team at the Centre
- Maintain an internal culture where staff is proud to be a part of AADK and of being an important East African actor.
- Demonstrated capacity to perform organizational feasibility studies and organizational turn-around
- Minimum 10 years of experience at senior management level in an international organization.
- Experience with international institutional donors, including Danida.
- Sound financial understanding and ability to pursue business opportunities.
- Good analytical skills and persistent character with a strong focus on results.
- Understanding of training, capacity building and youth programming.
- Profound experience from African societies with a deep understanding of East African politics and culture.
- Academic degree at master level in development studies or similar.
- Full proficiency in English, while it is an advantage to understand Swahili.
- A 2-year appointment with a possibility of extension, working full time 37 hours/week with no upper limits and approximately 5-6 weeks of travel/year.
- A salary package as per ActionAid International’s standards including a beneficial pension scheme and when applicable housing, education, relocation allowances as well as a full group insurance coverage.
- A family duty station where a spacious house is provided by AADK in Tanzania.
- A workplace with a purpose, working for creating political and social change.
- A lot of great, fun and dedicated colleagues.
How to apply
We would love to hear from you. Application deadline: 13th November 2022. Apply through this site (link).