SportPesa Limited, a renowned local company operating as part of leading global SportPesa brand offering sports betting business is currently looking for a qualified and energetic Tanzanian to fill in the position of System Administrator. Applications are thus invited from candidates who shall fulfill the following criteria.
Dar es Salaam
REPORTING LINE: IT SERVICES DELIVERY MANAGER
DUTY STATION: DAR ES SALAAM-TANZANIA
System Administrator is accountable for all the systems in SportPesa Datacenter, including the following systems: HP server hardware, VMware vSphere, Linux, as well as MySQL Database systems that support SportPesa core applications and Key office applications, Asset, and Incident Management. Responsibilities on these systems include engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance, research, and development to ensure continual innovation.
Systems Administrator is responsible for:
Operations and Support
Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide support per request from various teams.
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
- Coordinate and communicate with impacted teams.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports SportPesa applications or Asset
Management applications per project or operational needs.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain data centre environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Attend to any additional activities assigned by Management
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Computer Science/Telecommunication or related degree
- 2-4 years’ experience managing and administering Systems.
- Telco/Service Providers experience will be added advantage
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Responsibilities heavily require working in shifts, sometimes with little advanced notice.
- No regular travel required.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Only applicants who will fit the above criteria need to apply.
Send your application to: email@example.com by the 19th of July 2022.
Applications must consist of a cover letter outlining why you would be the best fit for such a position, your detailed CV and copy of academic credentials.