Orkeeswa School is a community-based secondary school located in Monduli District at Orkeeswa village an under-served Maasai community in rural Tanzania. It was established with the aim of providing quality, affordable education to under-served children in Monduli District and other surrounding areas. Currently the school is serving 229 students from Pre-form One to Form Six and 56 students who are in higher learning institutions. Through collaboration with local leaders in the community we have developed a model of holistic education responding to specific needs of our students and their community.
Orkeeswa School is seeking an experienced and professional educator to teach Physics & Mathematics both for A-level and O-Level.
Responsibilities for the role include:
● Teach Mathematics
Prepare, implement, deliver and assess lesson plans, exclusively using
English language, for Mathematics and other subjects as may be required
from time to time.
● Know and comply with all Tanzania requirements for delivering and examining the subjects at secondary level. Comply with other relevant Tanzanian education requirements.
● Develop present and assess tutoring programs as required.
● Prepare and supervise examination, collate examination results and prepare reports for students in relevant subjects.
● Actively participate as a member of the teaching team at Orkeeswa School and provide support as required to assist in the delivery of the education to students at Orkeeswa School.
● Actively lead and contribute to the professional development of Orkeeswa School and foster a sense of pride and achievement in the school and its students.
● Actively seek information to maintain awareness of up to date professional skills and subject knowledge.
Candidates should meet the following requirements:
● Read, write and speak fluent English.
● Have at least 4-5 years of teaching experience.
● Can demonstrate excellent academic results in the relevant subjects.
● Willing to facilitate extra-curricular activities, extra-help classes, life skills classes, etc.
● Willing to work in a rural area.
Email your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org before February 15th, 2022.