Good Neighbors Tanzania is looking for individuals to join our highly motivated team in the following roles below;
Reports to: DOHRA Manager, Transport and Logistics Officer, Chief Driver
Location: Dar es Salaam
Contract Duration: 1 Year contract
Driver will be responsible to support transport service in accordance with organization policy and procedures. He/she is responsible for arranging regular cleaning and maintenance services for the vehicle, planning each route based on road and traffic conditions.
Ultimately, he will make sure organization depends on him/her for the transportation needs. To be considered for this role, he/she should have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record with no traffic violations.
- Drives office vehicles for the transport of authorization personnel
- Collects and delivers mail, packages and other communications from and to different areas.
- Responsible for day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires etc.
- Perform minor repairs to ensure vehicle is kept in good condition for smooth operations.
- Ensure the vehicle is clean, neat and in good condition at all times including availability of required items and compliance such as spare tires, fire extinguishers, triangles, licenses, insurance etc.
- Prepare monthly vehicle report and submit to in charge staff.
- Preparing and ensure proper filling of vehicle log books before and after every trip.
- Support other duties such as packing, lifting materials, field activities etc.
- Ensure proper reporting of all vehicle incidents to in charge staff timely and fill report forms with supporting documents.
- Report vehicle maintenance and repair needed to in charge staff and inspect the vehicle after maintenance, repair or general service to ensure it is done to expected standard.
- Check daily schedule of booked vehicle routes and inform in charge staff if there are any changes of office trips while on field.
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned.
Qualification, experiences and competencies
- A valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- At least secondary school education.
- Minimum of 5 (five) years’ experience in driving and vehicles management.
- Experience in working in office-based environment, experience working with NGO is preferred.
- Familiar with GPS devices
- Knowledge of area roads
- Ability to lift heavy packages and luggage
- Flexible including taking weekends, nights and long hours
- Honesty, transparency and professionalism
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- An excellent written and oral command of English and Swahili
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions and work with minimum supervision
- Basic computer skills
- Perform other duties as may be required
All applications should be sent with enclosed cover letter (addressed to Human Resource Division P.O. Box 33104 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania), detailed curriculum vitae containing complete names and addresses (postal, email, phone), together with names and contact details of three referees to: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and emails.
Good Neighbors Tanzania will not be responsible for transport or/and accommodation during the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred.
Only candidates can apply for this job.