POSITION:Head of Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Leadership & Learning
To provide advice and support in practice formulation and associated best practice improvement tactics; enabling the provision of specialist learning and development expertise.
- Define and ensure implementation of innovative sourcing strategies that will enable the establishment of a diverse pool of talent.
- Proactively explore all available channels and processes to build diverse pools of talent.
- Develop and maintain Talent market Maps.
- Manage disparate recruitment channels
- Provide leadership on all Talent Matters
- Deliver an increased capability for internal mobility by ensuring that internal candidates are considered before moving to external sourcing solutions.
- Support with the recruitment, partnering with hiring managers and HRBPs.
- Adhere to the recruitment and selection criteria and ensure to align to the policy and governance.
- Assess candidates to ensure cultural fit for the Group, values alignment, long term potential, and technical fit for roles, setting realistic role expectations before presenting candidates to Business.
- In collaboration with the reward manager, line Manager and HRBP to negotiate offers with candidates or agencies where required.
- Primary contact for all Talent Acquisition projects /activities
- Educate and support line managers on the acquiring talent on Workday system
- Define, socialise and agree SLAs with BU’s and HRBPs against which all parties’ performance will be driven
- Support with the design and implementation of the Resourcing scorecard for the Business Unit.
- Drive level of excellence within the Resourcing Team.
Learning & Leadership development
- Partner with the HRBPs to support the analysis and scoping of the LL&D components of the overall business People Agenda
- Consult and partner with HRBP leads to ensure consistency and execution of all LL&D objectives and strategy aligned to business People Agendas.
- In partnership with the HRBP provide LL&D expertise and insight at business meetings, either directly to the business head or to a wider management team.
- Act as the consultant/broker for the business &HRBP to the rest of LL&D services. Act as the face of LL&D to the business, pulling in Leadership, Talent or Curriculum Specialists as required.
- Lead the LL&D team of Learning Consultants to deliver aligned and seamless learning solutions to the business
- Lead and programme manage the diagnosis and delivery of bespoke learning and development interventions in line with the business goals, working in collaboration with the Learning Solutions teams to present an integrated LL&D delivery model.
- Operate in a commercial and business management way, leverage internal governance, policies and processes as appropriate to agree; objectives, outcomes, communication and embedding practices, timescales, budget, ROI expectations etc.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the clients and develop an excellent understanding of business strategy and objectives, identifying opportunities for learning and development interventions across the global infrastructure business areas
- Maximize utilization of internal learning solutions and synergies in all learning propositions, across all business areas, optimizing external spend
- Embed the LL&D operating model throughout the HRBP & Development Partner community
- Ensure effective evaluation of all business –aligned learning solution, to ensure continuous improvement and contribution to business objectives (ROI Frameworks)
- Leverage and research external best practices to provide leading edge innovative solutions to the clients, and share this research with the team
- Leverage existing best practices across Barclays to provide a consistent learning model
- Engage with and build an external LL&D network to ensure continuous updating of current best practice and leading edge knowledge of learning
- Ensure adherence to HR/Group policies and standards. Governance and internal controls relating to learning activities
- Ensure key talent information is gathered on individuals to feed into business decisions (i.e. internal moves/promotions), and to provide regular and timely updates to key stakeholders on talent deliverables and status
Talent Acquisition, Learning , Leadership and Talent
Risk & Control
- Up skill and educate line management regarding the Learning, Talent and Resourcing process, the appropriate implementation and usage of Competency-based Interviewing.
- Ensure to adhere to the Talent, Learning, Leadership policy and Governance requirements throughout the recruitment process lifecycle.
- Ensure to meet all the governance requirements on Learning and Talent Acquisition Systems are adhered to.
- Partner with the Business / Function Heads and, HR Business Partner, to fully understand the short-term and long-term strategic business strategy, goals and plans.
- Work with the business and HRBP’s to determine the supply and demand and with talent analytics to build scenario to meet the demand.
- Identify opportunities and incorporate requirements in a holistic Workforce plan which will support and drive the rapid positioning or re-positioning of the Business Unit.
- Review the Business Unit Workforce Plan with the Business Unit HR Head, HRBPs and BU Heads on a Quarterly basis to ensure the Workforce Plan is relevant and able to support the BU in delivery of the BU strategy.
- To roll up the BU Workforce Plans for the Business Unit and to submit the Workforce Plan to the Head of HR and Group Head of Talent Acquisition.
Employer branding and EVP
- Develop and implement plans on employer branding to ensure that NBC Tanzania remains an employer of choice
- Create awareness on the employee value proposition and ensure that all the key pillars/elements are understood by line managers, employees and other stakeholders.
- Support with and engage the external PSL recruitment agencies, monitoring partners against SLA’s
- Monitor and interact with and respond to candidates, building sustainable relationships, setting and managing expectations clearly, identifying and resolving the root cause of any issues and escalating as required.
- Review and monitor candidate/employee experience on- boarding and off-boarding to ensure a good experience
Role / Person Specification
- Adapting and responding to change
- Adhering to principles and values
- Coping with pressure and setbacks
- Deciding and initiating action
- Persuading and influencing
- Leading and supervising
- Presenting and communicating information
- Working with people
- Bachelor degree.
- Post graduate qualification in business management, HR, commerce or industrial psychology.
- Successful track record in development and execution of workforce plans
- Successful track record in a management role within a complex recruitment model/environment.
- Experience of developing and implementing sourcing strategies and managing multiple recruitment channels to deliver recruitment targets within budget.
- Experience of managing/working with PSL’s and good knowledge of the market place, competitors and best practice.
- Experience of resourcing in a large corporation.
- Experience of working in a multinational, multi segment, environment with matrix reporting. Awareness of cultural differences and varying legal regulatory environments.
Knowledge and Skills
- Broad understanding of Talent Acquisition
- Knowledge of / exposure to relevant employment legislation
- Workforce Planning
- Knowledge of recruitment system capabilities
- Report writing
- Capacity to think creatively and laterally
- Stakeholder Management
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas – Education, Training and Development, Commercial mindset – Senior (Meets all of the requirements), Digital familiarity (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Effective communication – Advanced (Meets all of the requirements), Emotional intelligence (Meets all of the requirements), Ethics and values (Meets all of the requirements), Experience in a similar environment at specialist level, Leading with influence (Meets all of the requirements), Learning and Development (Meets all of the requirements), Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development)
Join Our Telegram Group for Daily Job Updates CLICK HERE