Job title: Head Chef
Job location: Moshi Municipal
Company name: Kibo Palace Hotel-Moshi
- Overall in charge of the Kitchens in the hotel.
- Supervises discipline, hygiene and safety requirements in the kitchen.
- Ensure staff training in matters related to company policies, food production, hygiene & health, safety and security, sales, costing & cost reduction, team work and time management.
- Appraise, interchange and train them to establish systematic means of motivating them.
- Ensure good atmosphere in the Kitchen and effective co-ordination with other outlets.
- Makes inspection of store rooms and refrigerators.
- To apply modern management techniques, in running kitchen operations.
- Responsible for the formulation of kitchen policies and procedures.
- In conjunction with the Food and Beverage Manager, determine a la carte and fixed menus, banquet menus and supervise the quality and portions of the dishes prepared.
- Establish official recipe for all dishes in the Kitchen.
- Responsible for the quality of staff meals.
- Record certain statistics daily, such as food cost, restaurant covers, average price per dish, average expenditure per cover, etc.
- Check daily the cleanliness, hygiene and maintenance of the kitchen equipment.
- Plan vacation schedules, working schedules (duty rosters) and ensure that vacations and or off days do not hinder smooth operations.
- Control and stock first aid supplies for the kitchen.
- Convene meetings at regular intervals with kitchen personnel.
- Chief advisor to the management on food production matters.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Superiors.
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
- Certificate/ Diploma in Hotel management.
- Working experience not less than 4 years in hotel industry as Head Chef /Head cook.
- Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Positive, engaging personality, and professional appearance.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong task and time management abilities.
Please send your cover latter, CV and copy of certificates to email@example.com; CC firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: December 25th, 2021