Tanganyika Christian Refugee Service (TCRS) used to be the Field Program of the Lutheran World Federation Department for World Service (LWF/DWS), carrying out a programme of humanitarian, relief, and development activities with refugees and marginalized poor people in Tanzania. However, in 2006 the organization was localized and registered as a Local NGO in Tanzania. The Primary functions of TCRS are to carry out humanitarian, relief and development works in Tanzania. Currently, TCRS works in Humanitarian, Emergency Response, Relief, and Community Empowerment Programs with both refugees and local communities in various parts of Tanzania.
JOB TITTLE:PROGRAM OFFICER (1 Post)
The Program Officer will be responsible to the Program Manager and shall generally have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare project plans in collaboration with the Project Leaders. And ensure those plans are supporting the achievement of the TCRS strategic plan and aligned with relevant standards.
- To assist in developing staff capacity in development activities using the TCRS Community Empowerment approach and other appropriate approaches and methodologies.
- To assist in ensuring that project implementation is based on the Rights-Based Approach (RBA) and adherence to the internationally accepted standards as stipulated in SPHERE standards as well as in the Core Humanitarian Standard on Quality and Accountability.
- To assist in periodical reviewing, with the participation of local and international partners, the TCRS Country Strategy, and Project Documents.
- To facilitate the integration of the Country Strategy cross-cutting issues into Project Documents (PDs) for implementation.
- To explore and utilize all possible avenues of broadening the TCRS donor base.
- Prepare information to be included in for example in the TCRS annual report, website, success stories, and newsletters, donor reports, brochures, featured articles
- To do any other duty that may be assigned from time to time to her by the Programme Manager or her Designate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Community Development, Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, and/or other related social sciences.
- Result oriented, work structured, managing various tasks at the same time while reaching the result
- Full competent using Microsoft office tools including the project management tool.
- Fluent in English and Swahili (written & spoken)
- Effective in building interpersonal relationships
- Strong in training and facilitation skills for a minimum of 10 people
- Writing convincing report
- Strong analytical skills to share proposed solutions to handle issues program progress
- Show a keen in interesting in Community Development
- Ability to analyze Program Management & Program circle as it relates to Finance Strong organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication.
JOB TITTLE:ACCOUNTANT/CASHIER (1 Post)
The Accountant/Cashier will be based at TCRS Dar Es Salaam (head Quarters). She/he will be reporting to the Finance and Procurement Manager and shall generally have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparing and maintaining of cash book, petty cash book, petty cash vouchers and handling daily cash transaction of the organisation
- Responsible for preparation of cheques, bank transfer, and other bank transactions to suppliers, consultants, and funds transfer to project are paid on duly authorized payment
- Ensure staff travel allowances and salaries are paid on time.
- Ensure cashbook transactions have the required supporting documents
- Responsible for withdrawing and depositing cash and cheque in the
- Ensure all unused receipts, cheques and other related documents are safely
- Prepare journal entries and post them to the accounting system
- Responsible for reconciliation of project petty cash and Bank account against the general
- Responsible for follow up of staff imprests, salary advances, creditors, debtors, travel allowances records and ensure timely deduction and monthly schedules are reported to the Finance and Procurement Manager on time
- Ensure all statutory deductions are promptly paid and submitted to the respective authority
- Responsible for timely record of income/grants received and issue the required official receipt
- Responsible for preparation of monthly income and expenditure statements and budget comparison and cash flow reports.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly annual, and any other financial reports as required by
- Ensure full participation during preparation of organization
- To perform any other duties that may be required by the supervisor
- Degree in Accountancy (with 2 years of experience) or Diploma in Accountancy (with 3 years of experience).
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Experience using financial Accounting software
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of financial regulations
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Sharp time management skills
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- Analytical Skills: Able to analyze various Accounting issues in relation to the organizational
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
JOB TITTLE:WASH COMMUNITY EMPOWERMENT OFFICER (1 post)
WASH Community Empowerment Officer will be involved in the intervention of improving access to adequate water supply in 25 rural communities in two districts of Kibondo and Kakonko in Kigoma region through the development of sustainable safe water solutions that will ensure sustainable and resilient supply to the respective communities. The goal is to provide these communities with self-managed systems that will provide safe, reliable, and sustainable water points closer to community homes. The project will further enhance the capacities of 25 Community Based Water Supply Organizations (CBWSOs) in the respective districts through training and mentorship for sustainable management of water supply systems ensuring continued services. In this respect, the project seeks to meet the standards set out in the Government of Tanzania’s Water Supply and Sanitation Act No. 5 of 2019, which emphasizes setting up and strengthening community systems. Through these interventions, the project is expected to benefit 167,126 people (81,368 men and 85,758 women) including children and youth.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish baseline information of the (25) Community Based Water Supply and Sanitation organization (CBWSOs) in Kibondo and Kakonko districts on water revenue management,
- Water supply system management, community involvement in the operation of water supply projects, customer registration, water billing methods and techniques, and also financial management.
- Strengthen ( 25) Community Based Water Supply and Sanitation organization (CBWSOs) in Kibondo and Kakonko districts through capacity building and mentorship
- Daily Monitoring on the performance of the (25)CBWSOs
- Carry out exchange learning visits between CBWSOs.
- Conduct Peer competition and prizes giving to CBWSOs who are performing well
- Report writing and mapping
Qualification, Experience, and Competence
- Bachelor degree in social studies with the Knowledge of mapping
Minimum of three (3) years working in the WASH sector with experience on CBWSOs operation in the communities:
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Self-driven, committed to the delivery of results
- Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of different groups in the community
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Proficiency in use of computer programs/Applications (MS Office, Internet, )
Attractive and basing on the Current TCRS Salary Structure
Interested qualified candidates should submit their applications and detailed CV through:
Application Deadline: 03.12.2021
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated. Applicants MUST attach their cover letter and Curriculum Vitae.