Tanzania Home Economics Association (TAHEA) is a national professional organization of nutritionist, home economics, agriculturists and other related social science professions.Nafasi za kazi TAHEA
TAHEA envisions ‘A democratic society with better living Conditions’; with the Mission to improve the socio-economic conditions of the society through advocacy and capacity building on agriculture, food and nutrition, health and environment in collaboration with other stakeholders.
TAHEA implements the ‘Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) project in Dodoma and Iringa region. EpiC is a 5 years’ global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. The project provides strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming. In Tanzania, EpiC will be implementing an HIV service delivery project among key and priority populations, adolescent girls and young women; and orphans and vulnerable children which aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program will support targeted prevention and case finding strategies at community level amongst the targeted populations. TAHEA implements the project in Dodoma region and Iringa Regions.
TAHEA is seeking for qualified candidates to immediately fill the following vacancy:-
JOB TITTLE:Biomedical Technical Officer (1 Position)
Biomedical Technical Officer (BTO) will be responsible to coordinate the implementation of EPIC Project biomedical services in Kondoa Town and Kondoa District councils. He/she will work closely with Central team, RHMT and CHMT to ensure provision of high–quality biomedical services including HIVST, PrEP, HTS, Family planning, Screening and referral for STIs, Gender Based Violence and TB. Also, in coordinating linkages and adherence support for HIV care and treatment to clients in their assigned council
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To participate in the Comprehensive Council Health Plans (CCHP) meetings and ensure USAID EPIC activities are included in the respective CCHP.
- Liaise with Community Engagement Officers to map hotspots and develop a directory of all hotspots where beneficiaries are found at the council level.
- Conduct weekly review of the list of index developed by service providers and ensure all the providers conduct index testing services with fidelity (index sexual Partners/contacts elicitation and tracing).
Coordination and Supervision:
- With support from the Project Manager & DMO’s office, he/she will be responsible to liaise with DMOs office to secure Government biomedical providers who will provide biomedical services at the community level respectively.
- Actively participate into development of monthly operation plans in close collaboration with community engagement officers for targeted and focused HTS outreaches to the mapped hotspot areas and reach KVPs
- Assist in organizing training/orientation to biomedical providers to be engaged in USAID EPIC monthly operation plans and maintain the list of Service Providers working with USAID EPIC project.
- Monitor and coordinate community-facility referral and linkages services for health related services including care and treatment, Family planning, STI & TB screening and treatment, and GBV services
- Liaise with DACC and the DMO office to obtain commodities, supplies and government M&E Tools for Biomedical services.
- Supervise biomedical providers and ensure monthly planned activities are implemented and all Service Providers are reaching their allotted targets with fidelity.
- Provide technical support and mentorship to the biomedical services providers within the assigned districts in order to ensure they meet standard of performance as per the government guidelines and project SOPs (including IQC/EQC and proficiency test).
- Work closely with the CHMT members in performance monitoring, joint supportive field supervision at the site/council level and ensure the outcomes of the visits clearly documented and recommendations implemented.
- Jointly work with facility implementing partners at the council level to develop a sound Bi-directional referral network but also quality of services is provided to KVPs.
- Ensure all service providers properly fill all required National and Project M&E tools and timely submission of service reports appropriately, including monthly summary reports to the catchment health facilities.
- Ensure council service providers are reporting their daily performance through WhatsApp groups and other agreed channels for real time data.
- Develop and timely share daily/weekly updates and monthly reports for all biomedical services
Qualification and experience
- At least 3-5 years’ experience working in KVP-focused, HIV/AIDS Community projects.
- A certified clinician with good experience in HIV/AIDS programs, a sounding knowledge on HIV/AIDS care and treatment.
- Possessing a medical degree will be an added advantage.
- A good team player with demonstrated skills and experience in leading and coaching the team.
- Ability to network and maintain professional relationship with the LGAs and other stakeholders at the Council level.
- Excellent written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Good understanding of council level healthcare system
- Flexible to work beyond normal working hours.
JOB TITTLE:Project Manager (1 Position) – Re-advertised
TAHEA is looking to recruit a Project Manager based at Mafinga who will also lead DREAM initiative in Mufindi DC. The Project Manager will be responsible for leading participatory development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and learning of the planned interventions in line with the assigned project objectives. The Project Manager reports to Programs Director. The Project Manager coordinates people and processes to ensure that TAHEA’s USAID EPIC project is delivered on time and produce the desired results within scope and allocated resource envelope. S/he will also be expected to work closely with LGAs, TAHEA Epic national and regional programming team, as well as the regional innovation team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Project Manager will have two major roles which are Head of all activities in EpiC project at the district level and DREAMS Programme Officer.
As Project Manager; the roles and responsibilities are
- Review the project proposal, budget, targets, key performance indicators and ensure that the planning is realistic (Measurable, Reportable & Verifiable), both in terms of budget and implementation. Develop detailed work plans and budget in coordination with the respective partners as required
- Assist project staff and partners to develop their plans in line with the required project objectives and
- Support the project team by providing longer-term vision, strategic direction and appropriate planning aligned with TAHEA regional network
- Review the project plans annually to ensure that they are realistic, both in terms of budget and overall project plan.
- Work with the concerned staff and partners to ensure effective implementation of the project.
- Regularly review & track the project progress against milestones and take corrective action where required, raising issues with the concerned personnel as needed timely and professionally.
- Promote and maintain effective partnerships with the partners and beneficiaries.
- Guide and lead the project team to achieve specific goals, objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of the project.
- Ensure that work is appropriately delegated and staff members are empowered to carry out tasks independently where appropriate matching their skills and capacity.
- Ensure efficient project management procedures are implemented to enable monitoring of projects and accurate reporting of progress.
- Ensure strict adherence to TAHEA’s ethics, policy and pro-actively encourage transparency and openness in all activities.
- Manage financial resources of selected tasks and components while coordinating with the TAHEA Finance Manager regarding budget control and financial procedures.
- Networking with Government and non-Government Organizations, and Private Sectors; Build strong relationships with the government authorities and arrange field visits and regular progress review meetings where necessary.
- Learn good practices from other organizations and reflect these in the project.
- Represent TAHEA in building and maintaining relationships and partnerships with relevant service providers, government, national and international development partners, local stakeholders and communities, private sector and funder Partners representatives for effective implementation of projects.
- Prepare project progress reports (Monthly and Quarterly) based on a structured M&E framework including a review on financial report and provide necessary feedback.
- Ensure quality monitoring data collection from the field and timely
- Supervise, coach and provide mentorship to the project staff.
- Assist in the recruitment of project staff (as and when required) Manage the performance of the project staff.
- Develop plans for capacity-building of the project team to enable the team to be more self- standing in the future.
- Support effective communications and joint working within the team and with other teams across the organization.
- Identify and discuss with Coordinator of programs of any potential future funding opportunities which present themselves in the country and provide advice on their suitability and potential alignment with the TAHEA strategic direction.
- Initiate and participate in developing funding proposals Other Ad-hoc Tasks Be cognizant of the wider implications of the project, working effectively with other TAHEA functions in-in the region: Finance, Quality team and program as
As DREAMS Project Officer, the roles and responsibilities are:
- Oversee the design and roll-out of a DREAMS package of services for AGYW (may include Stepping Stones Curriculum, health service demand creation activities including HIV testing and counseling and linkage to care, creation of safe spaces, GBV screening, scale-up of adolescent-friendly health services, support for economic strengthening activities and roll-out of parenting curricula, etc.).
- Implement use of a vulnerability index to understand risks of AGYW; utilize mapping tools to understand HIV acquisition among AGYW.
- Lead efforts to strengthen quality of demand generation and service provision for AGYW.
- Strengthen capacity of and provide technical support to Tanzanian civil society organization (CSO) partners to deliver the above services.
- Ensure that project strategies and activities addressing youth are evidence-based and in line with state-of-the-art, globally recognized best practices; as well as aligned with GoT, PEPFAR and EpiC standards, protocols and guidelines.
- Ensure that the project engages youth in all stages of the project to promote youth leadership and ensure that youth perspectives are taken into consideration.
- Promote integration across a range of services for youth to take a holistic, family- centered approach to improving their wellbeing.
- Ensure all youth-focused strategies are gender-sensitive and promote equitable programming.
- Take lead in planning, coordination and implementation of DREAMS Initiative at district level.
- Provide technical assistance for DREAMS services through trainings and on-site mentorship activities based on national guidelines and protocols
- Build the capacity of the CSO’s DREAMS teams, Facility and community structures to provide services timely services as per the National guidelines
- Work closely with the project M&E team and CSO’s to ensure regular updates of the DREAMS tracker and accurate and timely reporting.
- Ensure timely reporting and documentation of results from the DREAMS implementation in collaboration with M&E team with focus on accurate data for timely entry in the DAMES system.
- Foster collaboration with partners and district DREAMS coordination teams and local government authority.
- Strengthen referral and linkages between health facility and community service delivery points for AGYW and partners
- Support establishment of community Quality Improvement teams to support implementation of AGYW risk reduction plans in identified communities
- Strengthen partner coordination in the district through monthly meetings and joint field activities
- Develop timely activity trip plans, budgets and implementation plans on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Timely submit activity progress reports on monthly and quarterly basis
- Represent the project at DREAMS regional and district level meetings including other DREAMS IP’s at the region.
- Document project success stories and case studies for sharing with a wider audience.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor/Senior Technical officer DREAMS/ Senior Technical Advisor DREAMS.
- Develop and/or contribute to technical briefs, reports, guidelines and other materials.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field (Health, Community development, rural development, Social Science, Management, Business Administration, international development, Project Management etc.). At least three (3) years’ experience in managing projects funded by international agencies or development partners.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a management position with Local or international organizations.
- Understanding of priority, key and vulnerable population programing and related policies and guidelines.
- Track record of delivering project goals within deadlines and budgets across public and private sectors and with NGOs.
- Demonstrable track record of effectively building and sustaining key external and internal relationships at community, utility and governmental levels to realize project goals. Leading and managing project teams of stakeholders including staff.
Specific Job Requirements
- Ability to work independently and lead diverse multi-disciplinary team; stakeholder management skills.
- Project management skills including strategy, planning, setting objectives and planning to meet those objectives, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, budgeting, financial management and sustainability.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to define new projects, establish overall scope and budget able to influence at senior management level, take a strategic outlook and to manage change where necessary empowering project staff and others to strengthen their capacity and capability through mentoring and coaching.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills, able to work well under pressure both proactively and prioritize a challenging workload.
- Good communication skills; able to communicate complex concepts in a clear and concise way to non-technical managers both in writing and verbally and to provide professional advice with confidence and tact. Motivating and developing teams, including performance management and appraisals.
- Collaborative approach to partnership working in a cross-cultural context; a team player, with strong problem-solving ability.
- Experience working with AGYW aged 15-24 years; familiarity with evidenced-based strategies for reducing their vulnerability and providing targeted services; familiarity with the PEPFAR DREAMS package of services.
- Knowledge of health and development programs in Tanzania including familiarity with the national youth guidelines, standards and protocols. Familiarity with Tanzania public health sector at multiple levels; experience working with GoT stakeholders.
- Familiarity and experience with USAID/PEPFAR-funded programs.
- Experience in programs serving KVP and AGYW. Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of vulnerable youth.
- Experience in technical capacity building of Tanzanian CSOs, especially those working with AGYW.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Well-developed computer skills
Method of Application & Instructions:
- Application are to be lodged through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates are required to mention the ‘Position Title’ on the subject line of the e-mail.
- All applicants MUST attach cover letter and their updated Curriculum Vitae with certified copies of academic certificates in ONE file as supporting documents to their
- All applications should be submitted not later than 16:00 HRS on Wednesday, 24thNovember, 2021