The Dar es Salaam University College of Education (DUCE) is a Constituent College of the University of Dar es Salaam established in 2005.The main functions of the College as stipulated in the Dar es Salaam University College of Education Charter and the Rules of 2010 are to provide integrated teaching, research and public service.
The College invites applications from suitable qualified Public Servants who wish to be transferred to our College in various positions.
Kindly DOWNLOAD the Attached Advert for more detailed information.
(i) An applicant must be a Public Servant;
(ii) Signed application letters should be written in either Swahili or English;
(iii) Applicants must channel their application letters through their respective employers;
(iv) Applicants should attach an up-to-date detailed CV;
(v) Applicants should attach certified copies of academic certificates and Transcripts;
(vi) Certificates from foreign Universities must be verified by TCU;
(vii) Applicants should indicate in the application letter their willingness to cover the transfer costs;
(viii) Only successful candidates will be contacted for further procedures.
All applications should be addressed to:
Deputy Principal (Administration)
Dar es Salaam University College of Education (DUCE)
P.O. Box 2329
DAR ES SALAAM
Deadline for submitting applications is Monday, 13th September, 2021 at 3:00 PM
JOB TITTLE:PRINCIPAL OF THE COLLEGE OF HEALTH AND ALLIED SCIENCES
In a bid to provide comprehensive services to society, and guided by its Strategic Plan, the University established the School of Health and Allied Sciences in October 2015. The school has now grown into a University of Dar es Salaam College of Health and Allied Sciences (UDSM-MCHAS) situated in Mbeya at the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital.
INVITATION TO APPLY
The University of Dar es Salaam invites applications from suitably qualified, competent, experienced, dynamic and motivated Tanzanians to be considered for immediate employment to fill the post of Principal of the University of Dar es Salaam College of Health and Allied Sciences (UDSM-MCHAS).
- Applicants may be public servants who will then be transferred to the University OR retirees or those in the private sector who will be employed on contract terms. Retirees must have a maximum age of 70 years.
- Applicants must be willing to work in Mbeya.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Holder of Master of Medicine degree (M.Med) or Master in Dentistry (M.Dent) from a recognised and reputable university, who is registered with the Medical Council of Tanganyika. He/She must be a holder of a Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree as well. A Doctorate degree in a field relevant to the College will be an added advantage.
- Must have a minimum of ten (10) years working experience of which two (2) years should be at the managerial position or University leadership at college, school, faculty, institute or departmental level.
- Must have reached an academic rank of professor, associate professor, senior lecturer or equivalent.
Job Summary: Coordination of academic, administrative and research activities as well as knowledge exchange matters in the College.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The overall in charge of the activities of the College;
- To work towards College development in terms of infrastructure, staff recruitment, staff training and development as well as students’ academic progress and welfare;
- To be responsible for annual appraisal of all members of staff in the College and to submit reports to relevant organs of the college;
- To provide academic leadership in terms of co-ordination, delegation, initiation of academic programmes as need arises;
- To review existing programmes and curricula when necessary to cope with changing conditions;
- To ensure efficient use of resources (e.g. financial, staff time and skills, students time and levels of training);
- To ensure quality programmes and research are offered by the College;
- To participate in University management, national forums, international activities (i.e. institutional representative);
- To act as liaison with the Government and the private sector;
- To promote cross-institutional linkages for complementarity of knowledge and skills;
- To ensure the security and maintenance of College’s property; and
- To perform any other duty as may be assigned by relevant authorities.
The appointment of the Principal is for a period of three years including a one year probation period and is renewable on satisfactory performance.
on satisfactory performance.
- Salary: The salary scale of the staff rank as per Harmonized Scheme of Service for Academic Staff in Public Universities and Constituent Colleges; topped up with a monthly responsibility allowance.
- Free housing or housing allowance as per Treasury Registrar’s Circular No. 1 of 2010.
- Transport and airtime.
- Pension and NHIE insurance contributions for those who are yet to retire and gratuity payment for retirees.
- Additional benefits may be offered commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should apply in confidence enclosing:
- An application letter accompanied with detailed and signed curriculum vitae that includes information relevant to the post.
- Certified copies of degree certificates and transcripts for the Bachelor and Masters degrees (and PhD degree where relevant), together with two recent coloured passport size photographs.
- Names and addresses of two referees.
- Applicants currently employed in the public service should channel their application letters through their respective employers.
Applications shall be submitted to the:
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic)
University of Dar es Salaam
P.O. Box 35091
DAR ES SALAAM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Shortlisted candidates with certificates from foreign universities and secondary schools will be required to bring with them certificates of verification by TCU and NECTA respectively to the interview.
Three weeks from the date of first appearance of this advertisement. Applications bearing the evidence of having been posted before the deadline may be accepted if received within the processing time.
The deadline for submitting the application is 27 September 2021.