Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
ABOUT GEITA GOLD INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL (GGIS)
Position : Head Teacher
Contract type & Duration : Unspecified time
Department : HSE& Training
Reporting to : Senior Manager-HSE & Training
Number of Positions : One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To provide effective, dynamic, and inspirational leadership in order to maintain the quality of teaching at Geita Gold International School to enable every child to fulfil his/her potential. The role Incumbent is accountable to lead and manage the school, ensuring the achievement of excellent educational standards as wel as promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children.
- An Education degree Holder / Advanced Diploma or equivalent to the related field of education e.g. Psychology.
- Experience as Head Teacher or equivalent post in the International curriculum school for at least two years
- Exoerience in AISA or at least previously significantly exposed to the AISA system school.
- Management Training/ MBA in Management will be an added advantage.
INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL MANAGEMENT
- Demonstrate world class leadership and management effectiveness of an international school.
- Oversee implementation of Teaching and Learning Policy in place to adhere to the school purpose, vision, and values.
- Maintain Council of International Schools (CIS) Accreditation by adhering to required guidelines and standards.
- Have oversight of the curriculum, pastoral care and administration of the school all of which should be appropriate to the pupils’ experience, interests and aptitudes
- Embed International Primary Curriculum (IPD) and concept of ‘internationalism’ in learning and encourage new developments in the curriculum in the context of local, national and international initiatives.
- Develop and encourage good relations with and maintain affiliation with CIS, AISA, FIELDWORK, ACER, TISA and TAIS to ensure school retains membership and up to date with said organizations for quality assurance purposes.
CHILD DEVELOPMENT, SAFETY AND PROTECTION
- Advocate Child Safety and Protection by ensuring teachers and support staff are adequately vetted via company background check procedures.
- Promote and safeguard the general welfare of children.
- Ensure that there is an effective assessment, recording and reporting system of pupils’ progress.
- Promote a culture of encouragement, support and challenge in order to achieve each child’s full potential and the highest possible educational standards.
- Maintain proper communication with children parents / guardians in safeguarding the interests of the children, including emails, letters, parents’ meetings, etc.
- Report regularly to School Advisory Committee (SAC) regarding student progress in Teaching and Learning.
- Ensure that a system for monitoring and developing the quality assurance of teaching and learning is in place.
- Plan, manage and monitor the curriculum within the agreec budget, setting appropriate priorities for expenditure allocating funds and ensuring effective administration control. Includes providing a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum.
- Collate and review of schemes of work.
- Ensure quality assurance for report writing across the whole school (Nursery to Year 6).
- Ensure the achievement of mandatory requirements for the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) and relevant international educational standards are met.
- Create and maintain the School Calendar, Duty Rosters and class / events timetables.
- Ensure effective management and maintenance of the school website.
- Develop and encourage good relations between the school and the local community, including International Schools within Tanzania and surrounding countries.
- Ensure recruitment of right personnel as teaching and support staff, in liaisons with the Human Resources Department.
- Create and maintain good working relationships amongst all members of the school community.
- Promote the school’s ethos in which the highest standards are expected from all members of the school community.
- Act as a Leader of Professional Development and Learning programme.
- providing an effective Professional Development Learning programme that enables teacher improvement aimed at improving student learning outcomes.
- Undertake Performance Effectiveness Reviews (PER) for the teaching staff and support staff (both online and paper-based reviews
- Construct and manage the school budget in line with respective budget approval processes of the company.
- Coordinate School Infrastructure maintenance (buildings, playgrounds, furniture, etc.) through liaisons with infrastructure maintenance department
- Proven international school management Capability
- Computer Literate (Outlook, Internet. MS Office- Word. Excel. PowerPoint)
- Excellent Communicat on Skills (both written & verbal) in English Language – preferably English as the first language.
- Excellent Organizational and Project management skills
- Analysis & Problem-Solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Presentation skills
- Ability to manager conflict in a constructive manner
- Proven ability to influence and motivate others and build relationships.
Method of Application
Please apply through our recruitment portal by following the link below. Please click the link or type the URL address on a website browser to access the application portal.
On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Head Teacher”
Candidates may also apply through our jobs email at jobs.geita@AngloGoldAshanti.com. Email subject should also be “Head Teacher”
You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews. Internal Applicants (those currently employed by ArgloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
Applications should reach the above on or before 23rd July 2021 at 5:30 Pm Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. ?
BEWARE OF CONMEN!
GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you
be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity,
please report this immediately to our Security Department,
Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply)
or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075
(SMS rates apply) or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com.