- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Candidate age: between 18 and 29 throughout the entire duration of their assignment. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Child Protection Officer, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
Knowledge management and capacity building
- Research and document best and promising practices to prevent violence against children in homes, schools and communities.
- Contribute to identifying, capturing, synthesizing and sharing lessons learnt from interventions to prevent violence against children for knowledge development and capacity building.
- Share information in a youth-friendly way to schools to promote understanding and engage students in actively participating in school-based interventions to prevent violence against children.
- Participate in regular field monitoring visits to assess and document child protection interventions to prevent violence against children in homes, schools and communities. Report on critical issues, bottlenecks, and problems in the implementation of the interventions.
- Work closely with the child protection and innovations teams at UNICEF to support innovative interventions to raise awareness on violence against children and encourage reporting of violence among young people.
- Build and sustain effective working partnerships with community actors, teachers, young people and students to strengthen violence against children interventions in homes, schools and communities.
- Work closely with the child protection communication for development specialist to draft human interest stories, photo essays and other communication materials for program advocacy to promote awareness of progress made to prevent violence against children.
- Participate in the planning, coordination and development of child protection interventions to prevent violence against children, as required and directed by the supervisor.
Required degree level
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in education, psychology, sociology, social work, devel-opment studies or other social science field is required
- 12 Months
- Up to 2 years of experience in education, development studies, social work and/or psychology
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience working with schools would be highly regarded
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise
- Social work
- Demonstrated interest in working with schools and young people on violence preven-tion and response is an added asset
- Driving license
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call for to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 16th June, 2021.
Volunteer opportunity PDF