Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening.MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others
In this regard MDH now invites applications from suitable, qualified and skilled persons to fill the following available vacancies.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
POSITION: EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFICER
LOCATION: HEAD OFFICE
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Executive Assistant to the CEO provides executive and administrative support to the CEO and Board of Directors, as well as the Senior Management Team (SMT). The Executive Assistant manages CEO calendar on daily basis, serves as the primary point of contact internaly and externaly on all matters pertaining to the CEO Office. The Executive Assistant serves as a liaison to the Board of Directors and Senior Management Team, organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the CEO with daily administrative duties and completes a broad variety of administrative tasks that include managing an active calendar of appointments, completing expense reports, composing and preparing correspondences, arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas and compiling documents for meetings.
- Communicate with the staff on CEO’s behalf and coordinate logistics with high-level meetings both internally and externally and coordinate strategic activities with the SMT and other members of
- Communicate directly and on behalf of the CEO with Board members, donors, staff and others stakeholders on matters related to programmatic initiatives as
- Draft reports, proposals, letters and emails, prepare and coordinate oral and written communication with donors and prospects.
- Support the CEO in his external commitments related to MDH, including service on external boards, committees and other groups.
- Assist in scheduling and coordinating the agenda of Senior Management Team meetings and participate as an adjunct
- Prepare minutes of the meetings and follow up on assigned action
- Represent the CEO in designated meetings as
Board Support and Liaison
Serve as the CEO’s administrative liaison to the Board of Directors and manage Board activities, which include coordinating all Board Committees meetings, Board meetings and Annual General meetings (i.e. prepare venue, collect agenda, compile and distribute board materials, record minutes and provide other secretarial services).
Coordinate new Board members orientations, facilitate ticket bookings, arrange hotel accommodations for Board members during travels, process travel reimbursements and organize functions.
Maintain confidential files and information and ensure both electronic and hard copies of essential correspondences are safely kept for
- Keep all agreements, MoUs, Title deeds and other sensitive confidential
- Process all organization’s registration fees including returns to BRELA and update MDH records with
- Work with administration staff to process work permit where
- Assist with processing of MDH’s memberships with other
- Provide assistance as needed to the front desk operations to include but is not limited to, answering phones, accepting package and other deliveries and signing in visitors/guests.
- Perform any other related duties as may be
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or equivalent qualifications from a recognized education Possession of post graduate qualifications will be ab added advantage.
- A minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience in providing similar support for Senior-level management in a health sector
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Highest level of ethics and integrity, and ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to read, interpret various documents and prepare concise
- Excellent time-management and well-developed management and problem-solving
- Ability to resolve complex administrative problems independently and perform tasks that are diverse and advanced.
- Must be flexible and willing to work extra time during busy times and on call during weekends and after business
Interested candidates should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
Applications should be submitted by 17th May 2021, to the Director of Human Resource through e- mail email@example.com. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please note MDH don’t have any recruitment agents and don’t charge any fees to the interested candidates.