OverviewTatc / Shirika La Nyumbu
Tanzania Automotive Technology Centre (TATC), synonymously known as “Shirika la Nyumbu”, was formally established on the 14th December 1985, through a Presidential Order, made under the Public Corporations Act 1969. TATC’s mission is to develop a reputable capacity for automotive engineering by conducting research and innovation, technology transfer and quality assurance services.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
TATC is wholly owned by the Government of the United
Republic of Tanzania through the Ministry of Defence and National
TATC seeks to recruit intelligent and result-oriented Tanzanians with high integrity to fill 2 vacant posts mentioned below:-
Report to: Chief Prototype Workshop Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities
- To operate machine tools such as lather, milling boring, grinding, drilling and gear cutting machines.
- To calculate and set special machine tool operations e.g gear generation setting parameters and numerical control machines programming.
- To assist junior Artisans in the interpretation of complex manufacturing engineering drawings.
- To identify machine tool malfunction for proper reporting.
- To undertake safety measures of production personnel machine tools material handling and other facilities.
- A holder of FTC/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from recognized institution.
ENGINEER II -1 POST
Reports to: Chief Maintenance Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities
- To conduct design of engineering systems components and maintenance tools.
- To undertake preventive and breakdown maintenance of machine tools, material handling equipment, motor vehicles and other facilities.
- To prepare weekly job loading and ensure timely completion of maintenance, repair and installation works.
- To repair the Centre’s assets (machinery, equipment and facilities) and ensure their continual operation.
- To prepare “requests for repair” forms for works to be subcontracted.
- To conduct diagnostic analysis of failure components.
- To advise on modification or innovation of failure components for improved performance.
- To select materials and components to suit particular maintenance application; and
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- A holder of Bachelor Degree in Automobile Engineering from a recognized institution. Must be registered by Engineers Registration Board (ERB) as Graduate Engineer.
NB: GENERAL CONDITIONS
- Applicants must attach an up to date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- The title of the position applied should be written in the subject of the application letter marked on the envelope.
- Applicant must attach their relevant certified copies of academic certificates, one recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
- Applicants who currently employed in the Public Service should route the application letters through their respective employers.
- Application letter should be written in Swahili or English.
- Application should be sent to the undersigned not later than 30th May, 2021 at 4.00 PM
The Director General,Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on a date of interview.
Private Bag, Nyumbu- Kibaha,
Tel: 0738 341 330/0738 309 363
Remuneration will be according to TATC Scheme of Service. Closing Date : 30th May, 2021.