Tigo Tanzania is the leading innovative telecommunication company in the country, distinguished as a fully-fledged digital lifestyle brand. Offering a diverse product portfolio in voice, SMS, high-speed internet and mobile financial services, Tigo has pioneered innovations such as Facebook in Kiswahili, TigoPesa App & iOS users, Tigo Music (Deezer) and East Africa’s first cross-border mobile money transfer with currency conversion.
Head of Risk and Compliance- MFS (JOB GRADE 14)
End to end ownership of all Risk and Compliance related requirements for Mobile financial services under Millicom Tanzania Mobile Solutions Limited (MTMSL). The holder of this role will be responsible in ensuring the Risk and Compliance framework is being implemented across the MFS business. This role will also oversee all compliance related matters across the business.
WE LEAD AND CONTRIBUTE;
by connecting, by owning, by delivering, by change and by vision. We live our values of trust, Passion, simplicity, integrity and innovation.
- Ensuring the business adheres to all regulatory requirements as stipulated by relevant Acts and Regulations governing the MFS Business including but not limited to AML/CFT, KYC , Electronic Money Issuance, taxation
- Responsible for the Enterprise Risk management (ERM) for the MFS business under MTMSL
- Mange all related Product Risk assessment for the Business for new and existing products.
- Manage all Regulatory and other external communication as regards the business risks and compliance
- Ensure all Internal Controls, SOX and GSMA controls are adhered to in the day to day business functions
- Be the liaison of the business with the Regulator for up to date business engagements.
- This role will be designated as the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) for MTMSL
- Manage the outsourcing arrangement between MTMSL and MIC Tanzania PLC to ensure full compliance with the agreed terms and from time to time review the terms for any amendments required and advice the management.
- Follow up on regulatory queries, inquiries, reviews, and audits and ensure responses, information requested is provided on time through collaboration with both regulatory and legal teams or any other stakeholders.
- Ensure all licences for the MFS business are up to date and ensure renewal is done on time
- Overall responsible for the MFS Business Fraud prevention and detection strategies and controls ensuring fraud risks are managed effectively and efficiently
- Provide support and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organization
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 8+ years of experience including managerial position in MFS, Financial Services, Finance and Accounting
· Experience in the provision of External Audit, Risk Management and Finance functions in the Audit or banking sector of about 6 to 8 years will be an added advantage.
- Proven track of success in managing compliance units
- Full understanding of the MFS importance / dynamics in the Tanzanian regulatory environment
- Professional qualification such as MBA, CPA/ACCA is an added advantage
• Ability to engage in effective and persuasive negotiations and strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure, stretched targets and time constrains
• Strong communication skills whilst being capable of modifying his / her messages to fit different levels in the organization
• Mature ability to work collaboratively with management teams throughout the organization and to be seen as a valuable expert resource to be sought out
• Ability to achieve results through others, rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Excellent comprehension of English is mandatory
• Experienced with the Tanzanian market
• High level of professionalism
• Ability to indirectly lead cross-functional teams
• Ability to translate strategic objectives to day-to-day actions
"We are committed to equal employment opportunities and unbiased treatment of all individuals in all employment practices" Only Successful Candidates will be contacted