From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve. Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best people.
Breweries (SBL), subsidiary of Diageo, has three breweries in Dar,
Moshi and Mwanza where it produces leading local brands such as
Serengeti Premium Lager, Serengeti Premium Lite, Pilsner and Guinness as
well as importing Diageo’s world-renowned spirits brands including
Smirnoff vodka, Johnnie Walker whisky and Baileys
Feel inspired? Then this may be the opportunity for you.
Sales Executive (various locations)
Purpose and scope of the role
The area Sales Executive will manage an assigned geographical area which may include towns/villages and several distributor territories in terms of achieving the primary and secondary sales targets/ distribution and other Key Performance Indicators. Lead and motivate Area Distributors, VSM’s and their staff in his/her assigned area to achieve the planned volume, market share, NSV and NR targets
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
Coaching & Accompaniment of VSM’s - ASE are responsible for coaching as part of Diageo’s toolkit.
Area Distributor Primary and Secondary Sales Performance Management ASE is responsible for Secondary sales management through stockiest and retail. On primary he/she will be working with Distributor manager to drive primary sales plan that was agreed with Distributor. Responsible for management and execution in Top 10-15 outlets including stockiest. He/she takes orders and passes them to VSM or distributor and ensures delivery. Adhere to own journey plan of stockiest, top outlets.
From time to time ASE will be representing Distribution Manager to communicate with Distributor. On secondary sales, ASE have two fronts; communicating with Distributor on secondary sales initiatives, training and driving of VSMs on sales Force effectiveness to achieve targets. Secondary sales initiatives includes but not limited to agreeing secondary sales initiatives with Customer Marketing and managing those secondary sales initiatives. Some of the secondary sales initiatives include 3-wheeler project, stockiest incentive etc.
- Outlet execution for certain sales drivers to pull consumer towards certain brands/category i.e., Outlet visibility, price initiatives, consumer offers/promotions etc.
- Innovation drive to push for innovation brand
- Price compliance and availability
- POS and visibility; cooler execution
- Listing of new sku’s and new brands
- Drive sales and inform distributor of empties, OOS etc.
- Collect competitive intelligence
- Execute nationally coordinated activations in outlet
Distributor Health and Profitability – She/he is responsible for growing his/her distributor by being a logistic provider to a strategic partner with SBL. Measures shall be distributor operation are improving in quality in terms of ordering, receiving and distribution of stock, efficient in secondary distribution in terms of trucks, routes and staff capability, and automation of distributor operations. He will be working with Distributor Manager to make sure the distributor remains profitable throughout. He will also make sure SBL operates in an efficient way with distributor on making sure our investments with distributor have a healthy return on investment. He/she will be responsible on highlighting red flags whenever distributor operations and performance are jeopardizing SBL objectives.
- Must have at least college graduate (Diploma and above) with mathematical and analytical skills, preferably business administration.
- PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES: Must be excellent in interpersonal communication, self-initiator, must be able to work with low supervision, must have an analytical mind and ambitious to reach high targets, must be able to take business related initiatives to produce positive business results. Must always be wearing clean and presentable branded clothing, must be shaved and showered every day as he is representing SBL in front of the distributors, retail customers and consumers.
- 2 years relevant experience
- SKILL SET: Must have salesmanship skills, communication skills, presentation skills, negotiation skills, basic calculation and mobile device using skills, must be able to drive vehicles in an excellent manner
Primary Location: Mwanza
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
To manage all activities relate in Quality department at a safety way while maintaining good team morale.
· .Plan and acquire the requirements for the shift
· Manage the human resource including development
· Foster good occupational health and environment
· Maintain good working relation within the team and with other shifts
· Manage the assets and processes on shift basis
· Manage costs
· Facilitate problem solving processes
· Lead continuous improvement initiatives at shift level
· Foster smooth two way effective communication
· Effect generation of reports and records
- Diploma and above, Preferably BSc. in Chemistry or Chemical and Process Engineering,
- Food Science and Technology or Biochemistry. Experience of above 2 years in Food Industries.
Primary Location:Dar es Salaam