Current opportunities: : We are inviting applications for the job vacancies below....(CLICK JOB TITLE YOU WANT TO OPEN FOR FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AND MODE OF APPLICATION):
We have the following job vacancies positions below (Click Title you want to open and read full job descriptions):
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit One Electrician to join Underground Electrical team. The successful candidate(s) for this position will carry out assigned Electrical tasks within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and tradesman Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies. The Electrician will report to the First Line Leader-UG Electrical .This is a permanent contract role, with the work roster being seven (7) days day shift, seven (7) days night shift, seven (7) days off.
- Ensure total compliance/adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure Compliance to Standard Operating Procedures for safe work daily –Isolation, Lockout, confined space, working at height, lifting & rigging etc.
- Follow work schedule to maximize efficiency, taking into consideration roles and responsibilities cooperation with other team members.
- Ensure scheduled equipment preventive Maintenance (inspection) work is carried out on daily, weekly, monthly basis and identified defects reported and resolved within the shift.
- Conduct repair and preventative maintenance on mining electrical systems to achieve production and cost targets.
- Inspection of Measuring/Testing Instruments conducted daily before use & calibrations performed to OEM schedule or when required
- Use, Interpret OEM Manuals for maintaining & repairing of required equipment, <5% accuracy discrepancy to OEM Specifications
- Ensure 100% of daily assigned tasks completed to the required standard as well as respond to breakdowns as soon possible.
- Competent in the use/operation of all required power tools and hand tools are inspected and maintained daily to be stored safely & correctly at all times.
- Ensure budget expenditure do not exceeded by more than 10% monthly for Electrical work- support reduction of wastage & repair before replacing parts where possible.
- Ensure 100% of required records filed & ready for auditing at all times both electronic & hard copy.
- Ensure handovers conducted 100% accurately every day/shift.
- Ensure 100% compliance to completing required Logbooks for Inspection daily, weekly, monthly.
- Ensure 100% of reports accurately & correctly completed and submitted on time.
- Ensure 100% of shift reports accurately & correctly completed and submitted on time.
- Electrical Trade Certificate or Equivalent
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Trade Certificate Equivalent.
- Environmental Policy Awareness
- Mines Health & Safety Act Awareness
- Power Factor Correction and generators
- At least 2 years’ Post qualified experience in Electrical Repair & Maintenance in large organization preferred Mining/Construction.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Computer skills – word, excel, Outlook.
- Good Communication Skills, English & Swahili.
- Basic Mechanical Skills
- Electrical Fault Finding
- Basic Instrumentation
- Light Vehicle License
- Hand Tools Operation
- Power Tools operation- Cutting, grinding, welding, and drilling.
- Working at Height
- Basic Rigging & Lifting.
- Confined space.
- Isolation Tagging & Lockout.
- Interpret OEM Manuals, technical drawings, schematics, diagrams.
- Planning Skills- labor, parts, time, Cost.
- Equipment Calibration
- Parts/ spares Identification
- Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment (M)
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit one (1) High Voltage & Instrumentation Electrical Trainer to join the Underground Electrical team. The successful candidates for this position will carry out assigned HV and Instrumentation electrical tasks within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies. The position will report to the UG Electrical Foremen. This is a two year fixed contract role, with the work roster being (56) days on (28) days off.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, clamp ammeters, insulation testers to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Help design, wire or re-wire electrical circuits to improve the reliability of the electrical equipment.
- Help plan for periodical unit checks, to prevent premature failure of the equipment.
- Maintain current electrician's license or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications.
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Assist to determine critical spare parts to generate strategic critical ajira list and reasonable stock level for spare parts.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Ensure that good work ethics is sustained by effectively managing discipline with reference to absenteeism, lateness, overtime, misconduct, etc. within the section.
- This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Minimum of a Diploma in Electrical Engineering, or Trade certificate with equivalent appropriate experience
- High Voltage Switching
- RCT teleremote training
- Mine arc training
- Knowledge of Australian Electrical Standards
- Underground / Surface Mining industry experience
- Processing plant experience
- Preference will be given for experience in HV/LV Switchgear Protections, Underground mechanized mining, Conveyor systems, Pump stations, Compressors, Transformers, Motors, Soft Starters, Variable Speed Drives
- Generators/Power Systems, previous experience with control systems and instrumentation. SCADA, PLC, RCT teleremotes, leaky feeder communications, ikon & development firing line systems, fiber optic reticulation.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience and exposure working Underground / Surface mining environment
- Extensive experience with:
- HV/LV Electric Motors/Transformers
- HV/LV Switchgears and Protections
- Standby Generators/Power Systems
- Cable jointing, termination and fault-finding capabilities
- Reading Electrical drawings (Schematic and Single Line Diagrams)
- HV/LV switching and control systems
- Excellent knowledge of High/Low Voltage systems and Switchgears complete with protections.
- Excellent Knowledge of Standby Generators/Power Systems
- HV/LV cable jointing
- RAW fan & secondary fans installation, inspections & maintenance
- Exceptional skills in field Electrical maintenance, fault-finding and troubleshooting.
- Must be capable of reading electrical drawings.
- Must understand the principle of Electrical Protections.
- Installations, calibrating and maintaining all instrumentation, HMI, PLC, SCADA on CAF plants, batch plants, Paste plant, power generation.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong Safety Background and ability to drive a safe working environment and practices.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Computer skills –MS Excel, Access, Word, Outlook.
- Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment.
- Driving ability
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s (indicating the role title in the subject) via e-mail
If you are not contacted by Barrick - North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 24th February 2021.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! NMGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com