DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
Key Expert 1- Team Leader/ Public Investment Management Specialist
Location: Sub-Saharan Africa
Job Code: 5635
Capacity Building Programme to Support Public Investment Management in Dodoma, Tanzania
The programme is designed to increase the efficiency in pubic investment management in Tanzania, based on the needs identified by the National Planning Division under Ministry of Finance and Planning.
Qualifications and skills:
- Master’s Degree in the field of Business Administration, Government administration, Economics or Finance;
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Good people management skills, able to lead and motivate a team to deliver the required results.
- At least 15 years of relevant professional experience in the area of public financial management, especially in public investment management;
- More than 10 years of experience working at the national/executive government level, extensive expertise in public sector strengthening, strategic planning, financial management, and/or human and institutional capacity building.
- At least 5 years of experience as Team Leader of complex projects with multiple stakeholders;
- Demonstrated experience in public investment planning, allocation and implementation;
- Prior experience in working with government agencies and/or PPP on options to strengthen further the management of public funds;
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in East Africa.