Quality Assurance Officer
The Aga Khan University (AKU) is an institution of academic excellence fostering social development. This not-for-profit, university was first established in 1983. It is a non-denominational institution open to all, irrespective of religion, ethnicity, gender or national origin. Guided by the principles of impact, quality, relevance and access this university has campuses and programmes in Medical, Nursing and Teacher Education in East Africa, Pakistan and United Kingdom. The university is looking for a candidate with a keen eye in ensuring that the university provides quality services.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
The Aga Khan University (AKU) invites applications for the position of Quality Assurance Officer based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania:
Position: Quality Assurance Officer
A bright, efficient, helpful and pleasant person who will report to the Associate Director, Quality Assurance and Improvement at the Network of Quality, Teaching and Learning (QTL). The Quality Assurance Officer will be responsible for meeting the regulatory bodies’ quality assurance requirements in East Africa (including Higher education bodies such as TCU, CUE and UNCHE/IUCEA) as well as operational management of Quality Assurance improvement at Aga Khan University.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Compliance with Regulatory bodies / higher education Commissions’ in East Africa
- Monitor and review the University QA procedures and align with regulatory bodies in East Africa standards and guidelines for University education.
- Keep track of and ensure legal compliance required by regulatory bodies / higher education Commissions’ in Uganda (NCHE), Kenya (CUE) and TCU/TUQAF Tanzania in University operations such as online admission system’s robustness and Quality Assurance of Programmes.
- Support to ensure that the Admissions and QA processes are clear and transparent.
- Conduct QA review analysis of various QA reports for the University’s Quality Assurance and Review Committee (QARC) and other activities.
- Produce QA reports required for Commissions.
- Compliance with regulatory procedures and processes.
- Act as a secretary for the University’s Quality Assurance Review Committee (QARC) meetings and its designated sub-committees and documentation.
- Coordinate and produce various QA programmatic data, including students and faculty required by Commissions in East African countries, Pakistan, and the UK.
- Protect QTL and University data and follow the University’s data and compliance policy and procedures.
- Ensure that data submission to Commissions is correct and meets the legal requirements.
- Identify areas that do not meet TCU requirements.
- Maintain QA records and appropriate documentation.
- Reviews and QAI Strategic Plan Academic Quality Framework (AQF)
- Assist the Associate Director in implementing the QAI Strategic Plan 2020-2025.
- Support in cyclical reviews of AKU academic programmes including the University’s online admission aligns with regulatory requirements and standards of Commissions in East Africa, particularly Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Support in implementation of Academic Quality Framework (AQF).
- Work and collaborate with the Senior Assistant, QTL based in Pakistan.
- Represent AKU in various Commissions’ meetings in East Africa including TCU/TUQAF
- Any other work as assigned by the Associate Director or Vice provost, Quality, Teaching and Learning including support for Pakistan.
- Minimum Master’s in Social Science, Quality Management or Business Administration.
- Training in higher education quality e.g. with IUCEA, IQA initiatives
- At least 3-5 years of direct experience of managing Quality Assurance operations and activities in higher education
- Strong track record of leading and managing QA projects and deliverables on time
- Should be able to work under pressure and within a complex environment and organization
- Experience in information gathering and data analysis skills
- Experience of working in a data management capacity within education
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively within QTL in Pakistan/East Africa and outside
- Understanding the context in which the education regulatory bodies/Commissions’ exists and operates
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written including excellent report writing and minutes
- Should have an eye for detailed work
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Candidates meeting the above requirements, seeking professional growth and excellent work environment should forward their letter of application, Curriculum Vitae and testimonials (postal and email) of three references to the Human Resources Office, Aga Khan University, P.O. Box 125, Dar es Salaam; Fax (+255) (0) 22 2150875 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For further information, please visit http://www.aku.edu
Application Deadline: 19th February, 2021.
Aga Khan Foundation: International Scholarship Programme 2021-2022
Aga Khan Foundation: International Scholarship Programme 2021-2022Aga Khan Foundation, Aga Khan Foundation Scholarships, Scholarships to study masters, postgraduate scholarships
The 2021-22 International Scholarship Programme application cycle is open from January 2021 to 31 March 2021. During this time period, application forms can be obtained from the Aga Khan Foundation or Aga Khan Education Board/Service office in the applicant’s country of current residence. Applicants must be nationals residing in of one of the countries listed below (see Eligibility – Geographic Scope).
The Aga Khan Foundation provides a limited number of scholarships each year for postgraduate studies to outstanding students from select developing countries who have no other means of financing their studies, in order to develop effective scholars and leaders and to prepare them for employment, primarily within the AKDN. Scholarships are awarded on a 50% grant : 50% loan basis through a competitive application process once a year in June or July. The Foundation gives priority to requests for Master’s level courses but is willing to consider applications for PhD programmes, only in the case of outstanding students who are highly recommended for doctoral studies by their professors and who need a PhD for the fulfilment of their career objectives (academic or research oriented).
Applications for short-term courses are not considered; neither are applications from students who have already started their course of study.
- The Foundation accepts applications from nationals of the following countries: Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Syria, Egypt, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Madagascar and Mozambique. In France, Portugal, UK, USA and Canada, applications are accepted from those who are originally from one of the above developing countries, are interested in development-related studies and who have no other means of financing their education.
- The Foundation only accepts applications of eligible nationals listed above who are residing in one of the countries where there are local Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), Aga Khan Education Services (AKES), or Aga Khan Education Board (AKEB) offices which process applications and interview candidates.
- Preference is given to students under 30 years of age.
The main criteria for selecting award winners are: l) consistently excellent academic records, 2) genuine financial need, 3) admission to a highly reputable university or programme of study and 4) relevance of the field of study to AKDN’s focus areas. Candidates are also evaluated on demonstrating thoughtful and coherent educational and career plans, their extra-curricular interests and achievements, potential to achieve their goals and likelihood to succeed in a foreign academic environment. Applicants are expected to have some years of work experience in their field of interest.
- The Foundation assists students with tuition fees and living expenses only. The cost of travel is not included in AKF scholarships.
- Funding for PhD programmes is only provided for the first two years of study, after which the students are expected to find alternative sources of assistance.
- Financial assistance is provided according to the needs of students, but the ISP must be considered a lender of last resort.
- Applicants are requested to make every effort to obtain funding from other sources as well, so that the amount requested from the Foundation can be reduced to a minimum.
- Preference is given to those who have been able to secure some funding from alternative sources.
- Half of the scholarship amount is considered as a loan, which must be reimbursed with an annual service charge of 5%. A guarantor is required to co-sign the loan agreement. The payback period is five years, starting six months after the study period funded by the Aga Khan Foundation.
How to Apply Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Programme 2021-2022
The application procedures of AKF’s International Scholarship Programme are decentralised. Students may obtain application forms as of 1st January each year from AKF offices or Aga Khan Education Services / Boards in their countries of current residence. Completed applications should be returned to the agency from which the form was obtained. They should not be sent to Geneva.
The deadline for submission of entire completed applications is 31 March, although in certain countries internal deadlines may be earlier in order to process and review applications. Applicants are advised to contact the local offices for internal deadline dates and requirements as these may vary from country to country. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
|Country Offices||Internal Deadlines|
|Aga Khan Foundation (Bangladesh)||Deadline for submitting pre-application forms:
6th March, 2021Deadline for submitting completed applications:
31st March, 2021
|Aga Khan Foundation (India)||Deadline for application distribution:
15th March, 2021 (7:00 pm IST)Deadline for submitting completed applications:
22nd March, 2021 (5:00 pm IST)
|Aga Khan Foundation (Pakistan)
Aga Khan Education Services (Pakistan)
|Deadline for submitting pre-application forms:
16th March, 2021 Deadline for submitting completed applications:
31st March, 2021
|Aga Khan Foundation (Portugal)||Deadline for submitting completed applications:
28th March, 2021
INTERVIEW AND SELECTION NOTIFICATION
Applicants should be prepared to be interviewed by local Scholarship Committees about their financial situation, their academic performance, extra-curricular achievements and career plans.
The annual Scholarship Selection Meeting takes place in late June or early July and the Aga Khan Foundation notifies all students of the outcome of their application shortly thereafter.
For more information Visit official webage