Mantra Tanzania Limited
Mantra Tanzania Limited (Mantra), operating as a subsidiary of Uranium One Group under ROSATOM from Russia, is focused on the potential development of Uranium Mine at the Mkuju River Project (MRP) in the Namtumbo District of Ruvuma Region. Mantra is committed to the highest level of safety and environmental practices, the respect of the culture of Tanzania and her peoples, the provision of employment opportunities for Tanzanian nationals, and the development of business linkages at the district, regional and national level.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
To that end Mantra is seeking to recruit individuals who can meet the technical requirements and demonstrate a commitment to continuously perform and improve in the area of project development and operations, to fill the following job vacancies below...
MAINTENANCE SUPERINTENDENT (1 POST)
The successful candidate will provide leadership and technical support to the Mkuju River Project to ensure that all Mantra Tanzania site and plant maintenance activities comply with best practice and standards.
Location: Mkuju River Project
Roster: 6 weeks on and 3 weeks off
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Maintenance Superintendent has the following accountabilities and authorities:
Provide direction to the team in reducing the number of significant hazards in the area of accountability. Through the use of issue based risk assessments in your section, you will ensure all staff remains vigilant in identifying and rectifying any hazards and risks that have the potential to injure people, property or the environment, your focus must be on zero harm to all staff. You will furthermore be expected to drive the process of conducting quality Planned Task Observations (PTO) per the scheduled.
Standards, Strategy and reliability:
Using strong operational experience and knowledge of the equipment support the Site Operations Manager in achieving the required outputs of the unit in support of the project development and the company, as a whole. Ensure the equipment is maintained according to OEM standards and Mantra guidelines so as to provide reliable cost effective equipment for use in achieving the company production outputs. Equipment reliability is and will always be a key aspect of Asset Management within Mantra.
Cost control is also one of your accountabilities. You are required to manage your costs and cash flow in line with the prepared budget.
- Ensuring that work carried out by personnel for the purpose of maintaining equipment in an acceptable condition is done through prescribed methods of inspection, detection and correction of incipient failures, i.e. changing engines, transmissions, final drives, pump transmissions, hydraulic cylinders, etc. and the testing of such components to make sure they are operating to OEM specifications.
- Manage the execution of the unplanned stoppages as they occur in the field (all pit and surface operations), management of the service bay including refueling and quality control inspections. The focus is to ensure quality diagnosis of all faults, executing recovery work as required to either returning the equipment to work or recover the equipment to the workshop for repair.
- Maintenance of all graders, loaders, dozers, water trucks ancillary equipment and all site equipment’s as required so as providing reliable cost effectively maintained equipment within the services function.
- Maintenance of all heavy mining equipment, auxiliary equipment, light vehicles, light trucks, lighting plants, generators, cranes and other minor ancillary equipment within the auto electrical function as required, providing reliable cost effectively maintained equipment within the function.
- Ensure all LME service work is carried out to the OEM specification and quality required. The light mining fleet reliability starts with the detailed inspections and service work carried out in this function.
- Maintenance of all heavy mining equipment, buckets, shovels, jaws, blades, and all other ancillary equipment within the Welding/Fabrication function.
- Manage the execution of the “Adhoc Work” function to the highest standards. Adhoc work is unique in that the tasks will vary across all equipment therefore requiring rigid systems of work to ensure quality, cost effective work.
- Maintenance of Uranium Plant in line with OEM standards and specifications.
- Ensure that all machinery maintains market value through a cost-effective, efficient, high quality maintenance program which will increase the reliability and performance of machinery and equipment.
- Oversee a rolling planning horizon for the major work that is to be carried out on the mine. This must include refurbish- ments / rebuilds and planning of component change outs. This plan will be used by the supply chain team for their spares ordering and forecasting processes.
- Develop new maintenance schedules in line with OEM standards and specifications for Plant, HME and LME. Constant review maintenance programs to improve strategies and maximize machine and equipment availability.
- Manage and lead engineers and technicians who design machinery, plan and develop civil projects and oversee production and quality control.
- Coordinate project, operations, quality assurance, testing, or maintenance in industrial plants.
- Determine the preventive and corrective maintenance requirements of the HME/LME Fleet in close coordination with equipment suppliers.
- Working with the mining team in coordinating weigh studies to all dump truck and rompad loader with a purpose of determining extend of the effect of the current loading on tyres, truck frames and suspension cylinders.
- Relevant degree in mechanical engineering or related field.
- Must have an excellent knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic, Electrical, and water supply systems
- Good experience in maintaining roads and other construction activities
- At least over 15 years post graduate experience in an industrial plant.
- Significant experience in a mining environment would be advantageous.
- Note, it will be advantages if the applicant resides within Ruvuma region (our company’s labour policy promotes the hiring of individuals based in and around the mining area)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- PM management systems
- Proven Management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Presentation skills
- Fluent in English
- Advanced computer literacy skills
PROJECT PROCUREMENT SUPERINTENDENT (1 POST)
Location: Dar es Salaam
The successful candidate will provide leadership and technical support to the Mkuju River Project to ensure that all Mantra Tanzania site procurement activities comply with best practice and standards.
The Project Procurement Superintendent is accountable for purchasing commodities including equipment, services and goods, and plays a crucial role in reducing a company’s financial expenditure; ensure that the best quality goods are purchased at the most competitive price. Must also work with procurement systems and other computer applications to keep track of these activities.
The Procurement and Logistic Superintendent accountabilities include:
Project Daily Buying:
- Enquiry, adjudication and Purchase Order creation and amendment functions for Local and International purchases.
- Enquiry, adjudication and Contract creation and amendment functions for Local and International procurement.
- Maintain dynamic cost and service information to model commodity pricing and market cost changes for effective Purchasing at the most competitive cost and quality.
- Establish P/O templates based on accepted commercial conditions and according to the laws of the country.
- Effectively structure and manage purchases within the country requirement for VAT, Withholding Tax and Corporate Tax and at the least legal risk to the Company.
- Manage cost applications and negotiations.
- Proactively manage the relationship with the Service Providers for contractual compliance.
- Implement cost saving projects and manage deliverables.
- Implement a dynamic Supply Base and manage the process to increase local spend.
Procurement – participate in the contract process to ensure:
Contracts are put in place in full compliance with company policies and procedures in collaboration with legal departments
Review enquiry scope of work, pricing template and enquiry conditions to ensure that tenders submitted are in accordance with the intended deliverable.
Participate in tender site meeting and adjudication process to ensure pricing and conditions will result in effective contracting, at the least commercial and legal risk.
Select and approve suppliers or partners for the organization, based upon a thorough selection process, in order to ensure that the supplier/partner selection is in accordance with the Mantra strategy.
Review contracts, amendments and applications for scope and price change to ensure compliance to the required contractual deliverables.
Participate in contract termination process to manage cost, performance, contractor close out and where applicable, contractor commencement. Compile and maintain a contract master file including contract scope, specification, cost structure, escalation, duties and responsibilities, contractor employee numbers, safety requirements and compliance.
Develop and maintain proactive relationships: Develop, maintain and manage a relationship with vendors and internal customers on all organizational levels that will deliver mutual benefits for Mantra.
- The contractor compliance to contract conditions.
- The achievement of contractual performance
- Validation of invoice detail and correctness to contract pricing.
- The review and investigation of scope and price claims including recommendations.
- Identification of performance and cost initiatives, negotiate and agree, expedite and obtain performance.
- Maintain and publish management reports.
- Undertake subordinates Performance Effectiveness Review; introduce training programmes for employees and proactively manage localization programmes.
Strategy, Innovation, Policy and Procedures:
- Continually challenge current processes, investigate and introduce approved Supply Chain enhancements.
- Contribute in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of procurement, purchasing, logistics and distribution directives, rules and guidelines, in order to achieve the most cost-effective processes for the organization, leading to operational excellence.
Qualifications and Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Business Studies
- Post qualifications on related filed / MBA preferred
- At least over 15 years relevant purchasing and logistics experience in Africa supply chain mining industry & in managing procurement and logistics in an international environment
- Must have experience with large purchase orders and contracts
- Must be a good negotiator to act as intermediary between suppliers and user groups
- Must be analytical, organized and efficient , with solid judgment and ability to make good decisions
- Need to be good at networking and dealing with numbers, as well as dealing with other factors such as sustainability, risk management and ethical issues.
- Interest in market dynamics along with business sense
- Working experience of vendor management software
Applicants are invited to submit their resume (indicating the position title in the subject heading) via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or postal address to;
The Manager: Organizational Development & HR
Mantra Tanzania Limited
P.0 Box 23451
Dar es Salaam
Deadline of Applications is 29th January 2021.