The Tanzania Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture (TCCIA) was established in 1988. It was initiated with the support of the Tanzanian Government to strengthen the private sector. The establishment of the TCCIA was an important step in moving on from a centralized, planned economy towards a more open, mixed economy giving full scope to privately owned enterprises and farms.
JOB TITLE: PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER (1)
REPORTING LINE: Commercial Development Manager
Location: TCCIA HQ Dar es salaam
Work Schedules: As per TCCIA regulations
Department: Commerce and Membership
The Public Relations Officer shall be responsible for developing exemplary relations with customer, the public and staff, develop corporate affairs programs for the TCCIA and manage their implementation. He /she shall also be responsible to publish TCCIA’s public relations reports weekly, updating TCCIA website, intranet, social media and in House Magazines. As part of the TCCIA team, the Incumbent will interact with staff and stakeholders at different levels and therefore; the position requires excellent communication skills. The position will attract competitive salary.
● He or She will be responsible for handling all aspects of planned publicity campaigns, PR and Marketing activities of the Chamber.
● Participate in organizing of various commercial events ( Exhibitions, B2B meetings) for the purpose of helping TCCIA members expand their business.
● Provide information about new promotional opportunities and current PR campaigns progress to the Business community in Tanzania in general and for TCCIA members in particular.
● Managing TCCIA media outlet including website and social media platforms. This will involve working on website and social media posting, and writing and/or producing presentations, reports, articles, leaflets, journals, newsletter and brochures for both external and internal use.
● Assisting Commercial Development Manager in preparation of presentation and speech
● Drafting content and manage distribution of news letter
● Managing media relations activities through writing, reviewing content and seeking approvals for media release
● Conducting official visits to business community for marketing
● Initiation of various communication channels, awareness and sensitization and planning for publicity strategies and campaigns to increase visibility of TCCIA
● Establish pool of resource persons for Radio and TV Programs which can be used for TCCIA Visibility, outreach and Analyzing Media coverage
● Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the Commercial Development Manager from time to time
ACADEMIC AND PROFFESSIONAL SKILLS
● Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Mass Communication, Marketing or a related field.
● At least 3 years previous experience in Private and vibrant Business Sector as Public relations Officer or above.
● Experience gained in Private and Business sector is preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
● Strong verbal and written communication skills, and active listening skills.
● Strong inter-personal and team building skills.
● Well organized, self-guided and motivated to produce quality work and reports.
● Integrity, objectivity, and the ability to work under pressure
● Social Media Management skills
● Graphics and Multimedia skills.
● Photograph and videography skills
The position will attract a competitive salary package.
Applicants are invited to submit only their Curriculum Vitae ( ) via e-mail to: email@example.com
and application letter addressed to the Executive Director ( indicating the position title applied in the subject heading of the email
Applications via other methods will not be considered. Late applications will not be considered and Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: a security clearance; a competency assessment; physical capability assessment and reference checking.
TCCIA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
9th February 2021 (selection process is ongoing so assessment might commence upon receipt of suitable applications and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted).