Tigo Tanzania is the leading innovative telecommunication company in the country, distinguished as a fully-fledged digital lifestyle brand. Offering a diverse product portfolio in voice, SMS, high-speed internet and mobile financial services, Tigo has pioneered innovations such as Facebook in Kiswahili, TigoPesa App & iOS users, Tigo Music (Deezer) and East Africa’s first cross-border mobile money transfer with currency conversion.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
JOB TITLE: PRODUCT SPECIALIST IT (GRADE 10)
The Product Specialist has complete ownership of the relationship between Factory and their dedicated portfolio of domains and products. The Product Specialist will be direct accountable individuals for the entire product life cycle of the multiple solutions under their responsibility, guaranteeing accuracy, quality and time line accomplishment. Also, responsible to understand the costs associated to their products to understand the benefits or not Related to those costs. The Product Specialist will be responsible for manage the usage of the products within the domains and suggest improvements.
You are open-minded, passionate and the way you work energizes others. You are committed to the timely delivery of a job well done. You behave with integrity and transparency.
● Products Specialist is required to own end to end products and solutions for all business units and cross functional process to deliver consumer and business needs efficiently and in time
● The Product Specialist will be responsible for the design of local products / solutions (CRM, Middleware, Billing, Rating, Activation, etc.) and other IT platforms, meeting standards and protocols for data exchange, communications, software and interconnection of information systems.
● The Product Specialist will be responsible for the governance of the SOA architecture (Service Oriented Architecture).
● Continuously identify areas of improvement in our Solutions Framework and take initiatives to new approaches to optimize our existing processes.
● The Product Specialist will be responsible for the entire life cycle of the multiple solutions and needs to show detailed knowledge of the processes involved at each stage of project planning and execution, as well as methods for resolving issues that can occur throughout.
● The Product Specialist will be responsible for ensuring that all development practices are in compliance with Millicom’s best practices, policies and procedures.
● The Product Specialist will be responsible for tracking and maintaining all records, metrics and feature usages of the products within the domain assigned
● The Product Specialist will be responsible for identifying the appropriate software architecture based on the requirements and design elements contained in a system specification.
● The Product Specialist will be responsible for preparing a software architecture document using use cases and the Unified Modeling Language (UML).
● The Product Specialist will be responsible for maintaining software architecture documents based on evolving system requirements and industry trends and technologies
● The Product Specialist will be responsible for ensuring the overall integrity of the software architecture and validating it against the system specification.
● Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field (System Engineer, IS Engineer, Information Systems Engineer, IT Engineer, Network Systems Engineer)
● Post graduate and/or courses in Software Architecture
● Minimum 4 years of experience working in the IT industry (Telecomms preferably)
● At least 3 years of UML experience
● Minimum 5 year experience in software development using software factory methodology and SOA Architecture (Telecomms preferably)
● Experience in Business Processes for Telecomms (eTOM Model preferably)
● Experience contract management (Software factory preferably)
● Experience in connecting and applying complex technologies to products
● Experience in integrating and automating business process
● Strong technical understanding of SOA (Service Oriented Architecture), internet-related applications and technologies (JAVA, Application servers, databases, Operating Systems, Content Management, networks)
● Strong knowledge and solid experience in Business Processes for Telcos (eTOM Model preferably)
● Strong knowledge and solid experience in CRM and ERP processes and applications (For Telcos preferably)
● Strong knowledge and solid experience in Billing System processes and applications (For Telco’s preferably)
● Knowledge in developing and maintaining ITIL policies and procedures
● Good understanding of computer system characteristics, features, and integration capabilities
● Management and leadershiP
● Exceptional service and results orientation •Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities. Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving problems
● Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
● Ability to work effectively with a wide range of cultures in a diverse community
● Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language. Successfully presents technical information. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations to senior management
● Ability to achieve results through others •Excellent self-organization and self-direction in performance of tasks, including time management skills
● Set and manage priorities
● Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of technological advances is crucial
If you want to apply for this job, click below:
CLICK HERE TO APPLY