Tanzania Bank of Baroda, a leading nationalized bank in India is an international bank. It ranks 182 amongst the top 1000 in the world. The Bank of Baroda has worldwide presence by way of 10 Subsidiaries, 1 overseas joint venture, 1 overseas associate and 46 branches at overseas Centre. It is second largest public sector banks in India.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Bank of Baroda entered Tanganyika way back in 1956 and remained till nationalization of financial institutions upto February 1967. The Bank had three branches in Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Moshi at the time of nationalization under Arusha declaration. The bank had come back to play its role in the economic development of the country and well-being of the people of the United Republic of Tanzania in October 2004.
Bank of Baroda (Tanzania) Limited is fully owned subsidiary of Bank of Baroda. As part of the expansion program bank needs human resources for their operations in Tanzania. Presently the Bank has branches in Dar es Salaam, Arusha and Mwanza.
The Bank is providing full-fledged banking operations and serving the people in all walks of life. The bank is financing businessman, traders, manufacturers, retailers, individuals, employees of well established companies, institutions, government departments, SMEs etc. in addition to other Banking Services.
Position: Information Systems Audit
Major responsibilities shall include:
- Examine internal IT controls, evaluate the design and operational effectiveness, determine exposure to risk and develop remediation strategies.
- Troubleshoot security and network problems.
- Respond to all system and/or network security breaches.
- Test and identify network and system vulnerabilities, and create counteractive strategies to protect the network.
- Conduct efficient and effective IT audit procedures.
- Ensure audit tools are effectively used to bring efficiency and effectiveness in the audit process.
- Communicate complex technical issues in simplified terms to the relevant staff.
- Perform regular audit testing and provide recommendations.
- Review, evaluate and test application controls.
- Provide recommendations and guidance on identified security and control risks.
- Develop a strong understanding of business and system processes.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Information Systems, or a related field of study
- Certified Information System Auditor (CISA).
- A minimum of one years’ experience in Information Systems Audit.
- Understanding of Banking systems, Operating Systems and Databases.
- Understanding of Information Security standards, tools and best practices.
- Understanding of IT Governance and IT Audit fundamentals.
- Knowledge of internal auditing, internal controls, risk management and corporate governance.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with incident & response management, disaster recovery, business continuity, data management, data integrity, capacity planning, vendor management, IT project management, systems development and implementation methodologies, networking, and cyber security a plus.
- Familiarity with COBIT and COSO methodology a plus.
- Some knowledge of Internal Audit software preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, Access, and ACL a plus.
Who can Apply
Candidates holding Local Citizenship i.e. Tanzanian Nationality only can apply for the requested Job Opportunity.
Successful candidates shall receive a competitive salary and other benefits in accordance with the status of the bank in the industry.
Preferred Skill Set
- Data Analytics skills including ability to use data analysis tools to perform tests, identify trends, provide insights, interpret and communicate results.
Mode of Application
Candidates who meet the required qualification and experience shall apply in writing accompanied by CV and a passport size photograph attached to the CV, providing postal as well as email addresses and telephone numbers. In addition they shall provide names and postal and email addresses of two referees who will be contacted to furnish confidential reports of successful candidates to the following address not later than 28th February 2021.
Plot no.149/32, Ohio/Sokoine Drive,
P O Box No.5356,
Dar es salaam, TANZANIA
Phone no: +255 22 2124472/87, 2124461 (CM),
Fax: +255 22 2124457
The applications received after 28.02.2021 and/or in person will not be accepted.